Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rescue Mode Queries

Options

I want to use Rescue Mode for the first time and have some queries

1) Can I use internet in Rescue Mode?

2) Does Rescue Mode have RTP if I plug in any infected USB Stick or browse some malicious websites, so that the infection could not spread to HDD? Or Windows viruses could not infect because of Linux environment?

3) And what about other protection features like Firewall (to avoid from port scan attempts etc) and phishing etc.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

I will now answer to your questions:

1. Yes, you can do, but only on a direct line(no wireless connections)

2. Rescue Mode runs outside Windows so it's perfectly safe. Linux distros are not vulnerable to Autoruns malware created for Windows.

3. During the Rescue Mode session, no files are stored on the HDD so you are perfectly safe.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

I am not familiar to Linux, and have some queries

1) Is it possible that a malware resides in the system in Rescue Mode by some means and Bitdefender don't have detection for it. And when we restart the system to Windows, it becomes active?

2) Are the same detection techniques are used in Rescue Mode?

3) Does the Detection Rates are same for both Rescue and Normal Modes?

4) Take Proper Action is available or not?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Let me answer to those questions.

1. Rescue Mode runs only in memory and basically it can not affect the operating system.

2. Yes, the ones that we already talked on that topic.

3. Yes, the same definitions are used by both scanners. When Rescue Mode starts, all the definitions are copied from Windows so they are always up to date.

4. Is not available, it will take an automatic action based on the detection.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

4. Is not available, it will take an automatic action based on the detection.

Take care.

What are the automatic actions? And what is difference between "Take Proper Action" and "Automatic Action"?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

There's no difference between those two, the product will take the best decision for the discovered malware.

Have a great weekend!

• coolcool1227
    Options

First you said "Take Proper Action" is not available but it takes "Automatic Actions", then you said both are same.....could not pick your point. :rolleyes:

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello ONT :)

I see what you did there :D

Take Proper Actions is available in the product, the Automatic Actions are available in Rescue Mode.

In both cases, the product takes the best decision for the detected malware.

Have a great weekend!

• Hello :)

Let me answer to those questions.

1. Rescue Mode runs only in memory and basically it can not affect the operating system.

Take care.

What memory is this? RAM or other?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, it creates a space in the RAM memory and from there loads all the components.

Take care.