Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdis 2012 Block Shortcut

Options

Hello.

I cannot open or delete Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint from desktop shortcuts, because are blocked by BitDefender.

Attached print-screens.

97u3a8.png

auummc.png

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi Mitza97 :)

I see by your Security Watchdog avatar you've probably run the 2013 beta? Very cool B)

Did you ever have that version on your PC and then uninstalled it, or has this PC only run your 2012 version? This may help Christian know what direction to head.

Thank you for kindly considering my question :)

P.S. I just did B.D. updates and restarted my PCs, just in case it was an update issue . On both with Office 2007, one running B.D. AV+, and the other the Suite 2012, all the shortcuts are all working properly.

• mitza97
    Options
    Hi Mitza97 :)

I see by your Security Watchdog avatar you've probably run the 2013 beta? Very cool B)

Did you ever have that version on your PC and then uninstalled it, or has this PC only run your 2012 version? This may help Christian know what direction to head.

Thank you for kindly considering my question :)

P.S. I just did B.D. updates and restarted my PCs, just in case it was an update issue . On both with Office 2007, one running B.D. AV+, and the other the Suite 2012, all the shortcuts are all working properly.

No, i'm not running Beta 2013, i'm running BDIS 2012. Office version is 2007.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

Hello :)

Please reboot your PC in Safe Mode.

[How to restart in SAFE MODE]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE With Networking"

Delete those shortcuts.

Reboot again in Normal mode and create new ones.

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Take care.

• mitza97
    Options

I have done this, problem resolved for the moment, but in the next day, same problem again. <_<

I cannot open word or excel or publisher from desktop shortcuts, and if i want to delete, i cannot delete...

PS: Another problem: I cannot view bitdefender forum from my home adress, i cannot have access, appear an error that i have menu disabled...i post now form work...why i can't access forum from my home adress ??? i send an e-mail to support, no response... <_<

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

Welcome back!

Could you please send me your IP via PM so I can check it in the banned filter?

Do you have a static IP or a dynamic one?

Also, the same situation is happening with the icons from Start -> Microsoft Office?

I will get back to you regarding those shortcuts.

Thank you!

• mitza97
    Options

Hello.

I will send my IP via PM Cristi. I have dynamic IP. Please unlock me, now i'm posting via proxy... -_-

About office shortcuts, if i click on start - microsoft office, icons not blocked. Situation appear only on desktop shortcuts.

Strange...

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Could you please create exclusions for Word, Excel and PowerPoint?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=30243

Let me know if you receive the same error after you reboot the PC.

Thank you!

• mitza97
    mitza97
    edited May 2012
    Options

Adding office executables to exclusion list as you said resolve the problem. After reboot, shortcuts not blocked.

But why BD blocking Office 2007 ? :wacko:

• mitza97
    Options

Today, surprise, office shortcuts placed on desktop blocked again by Bitdefender, even is added on exceptions. <_<

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome back!

Could you please turn off Active Virus Control, reboot and let me know if everything is OK?

Have a great weekend!

• mitza97
    Options

After do what you said, everythink is fine...but now AVC is disabled. Is this good ? Why AVC block Office 2007 ?

• mitza97
    Options

After some time, Office shortcuts blocked again... <_<

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Could you please pack those shortcuts in an archive and send me a PM with it?

You can upload it on an external file server and send me just the link.

Thank you!

• mitza97
    Options

I attach those shortcuts in an archive and send you via PM.

Have a nice day !

• mitza97
    Options

Some news ?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have the latest updates and service pack installed for Office?

Thank you!

• mitza97
    Options

I guess no...Microsoft Update not activated, just Windows Update.

This could be a cause of the problem ?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

I think I have a solution for your case.

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you.