Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"last Scan" Should Update How ?

Options

Per the attached jpg...should the Last "scan:yesterday" in the main BDIS2012 window 'update' daily IF the PC is left on continuously and not used ?

Or...will this update to "Last scan: today" only if you run some type of scan from the "Scan now" dropdown options? I thought I read somewhere in the docs that BD will update this "Last scan" info automatically if the PC is left 'on' thoughout the day/night and not in use.

post-31073-1337697830_thumb.jpg

I left the PC on intentionally last night from 10:00 PM until now (7:15 AM)..and the window still says "Last scan: yesterday" ?

Is this correct ?

Thanks...TRinAz

Comments

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Options
    Per the attached jpg...should the Last "scan:yesterday" in the main BDIS2012 window 'update' daily IF the PC is left on continuously and not used ?

Or...will this update to "Last scan: today" only if you run some type of scan from the "Scan now" dropdown options? I thought I read somewhere in the docs that BD will update this "Last scan" info automatically if the PC is left 'on' thoughout the day/night and not in use.

post-31073-1337697830_thumb.jpg

I left the PC on intentionally last night from 10:00 PM until now (7:15 AM)..and the window still says "Last scan: yesterday" ?

Is this correct ?

Thanks...TRinAz

On my PC, it seems to take the auto scan feature about 4 days to complete. There is lots of idle time for it to scan, but it still seems to take 4 days. Also know that this is not a full system scan. Personally, I like to run a full system scan at least once a week. Unfortunately, Bitdefender has no option to schedule a scan, so it must be done manually. (conflicts with the auto pilot they say). Hope this has been helpful.

• trinaz
    Options
    On my PC, it seems to take the auto scan feature about 4 days to complete. There is lots of idle time for it to scan, but it still seems to take 4 days.....

Thanks...that does explain why I "thought" it had updated on it's own sometimes ? On your 4 days experience...is that with the PC on 24hrs...or are you shutting down and starting up during that period ?

TRinAz

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Options

I have no routine as far as shutting down the PC goes. Sometimes it runs all night and sometimes the wife shuts it down. Doesn't seem to matter as far as the 4 days goes.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

In the next product update that status will be also updated when the user runs a Full System Scan manually.

For now, that is only updated by the Auto Scan and as you know it only runs when you have free resources for it or the PC is in idle.

Take care.

• trinaz
    Options

In the next product update that status will be also updated when the user runs a Full System Scan manually.

For now, that is only updated by the Auto Scan and as you know it only runs when you have free resources for it or the PC is in idle.

Take care.

Thanks Christain...however...at this time the only way to get my "Last run" to update to "today" is to run the manual Full System Scan. Have left my PC(s) idle for up to 24 hours and ususally there is no change in the "Last scan" days...either remains at same....say 4....or increases to 5 ?

For what it's work department...

TRinAz

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Auto Scan can take up to a week to scan the HDD. Remember that this is not an intensive scan like the On Demand one, it is slow and doesn't interfere with the processes that run in background.

Take care.

• Hello :)

Take care.

Christian,

When are we to expect to see this "Next release". You've been talking about it for quite some time. I generally run a "Full System Scan" on Mon/Wed/Fri morning. My last scan had been before I went on vacation 10 days ago. Today, after running a "Full System Scan", it still says last scan 10 days ago.

Thanks for your support,

Leighton

• trinaz
    edited May 2012
    Options

Auto Scan can take up to a week to scan the HDD. Remember that this is not an intensive scan like the On Demand one, it is slow and doesn't interfere with the processes that run in background.

Take care.

One other question on this....If I "log off" as Tim the User...But leave the pc on...will BDIS 2012 continue operations/scans until I log back in ?

i.e. Rather than shutting down/off completely the pc and restarting later ?

Tim

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Tim :)

If you simply lock the PC by pressing Windows key + L, the tasks will run in background.

If you Log off, no antivirus will be able to do the required things.

Have a great weekend!