Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disable ****** Insertion On Websites

Options

I've used BD 2011 for a year, and have been happy with it, so I upgraded to 2012 recently when I renewed my license. Unfortunately I have several annoyances concerning to what it does on websites!

Sure, I want protection while I'm on the web -- but at the moment I find it way too intrusive. I am a web developer, which makes it even more annoying: I noticed my websites sometimes loading extremely slowly, and upon examination this was due to a request for /[long code]/netdefender/hui/ndhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0 which delays the loading of the rest of the entire website by up to 15 seconds. Actually I was afraid that my web server was infected with this strange netdefender / ndhui.js thing, but I'm assuming this is a BitDefender component for which the request is rerouted.

So in any case, I want:

- No ****** tag being added to any websites, at all actually -- monitoring HTTP of any other traffic is fine, but not inside the browser window

- No black ribbon thingie at the top which irritates me -- it's not part of the website design, so it shouldn't be there.

I like BD for its protection, but I want it to do so silently. Is there a way to keep the protection, but remove that black button and stop delaying website resources with its ndhui.js?

Best regards,

Sygmoral

Comments

• Sygmoral
    edited June 2012
    Options

Er... I guess I just found it: Privacy Control > Antiphising > "Show Bitdefender Toolbar" turned off. When I first saw that setting, I was convinced it was an, eh, actual toolbar; but since turning it off, I don't seem to get that black thingie on top anymore, nor the call to ndhui.js. (I'm using Firefox 13)

So I guess I don't really have a problem anymore, but I suppose I can leave the thread here in case someone else has the problem.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums!

The injection is only locally, in your browser and doe not affect your website.

By disabling Bitdefender Toolbar, the module will not inject in the browser after you restart it.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

• Hello :)

Welcome to the forums!

The injection is only locally, in your browser and doe not affect your website.

By disabling Bitdefender Toolbar, the module will not inject in the browser after you restart it.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

I have been using Bitdefender for a month or so now, and recently encountered this situation. I discovered the solution myself today; after several days of experimenting, I finally performed a View Page Source, noticed the code injection, and figured out what to do about it.

I am EXTREMELY DISPLEASED that Bitdefender would insert code, at all, and FURTHER DISPLEASED that such behavior was not made apparent to me as some sort of WARNING, or NOTICE, or something like that, that I couldn't possibly miss. In the case that I was experimenting with, this unknown netdefender/hui/ndhui.css code injection was causing a page to FAIL TO LOAD. You can read about this particular problem in a forum thread here: http://juicebox.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1250 . (Juicebox is a code generator, primarily for web picture galleries.)

Here is what you should do:

1) Have Privacy --> Antiphishing --> Show Bitdefender Toolbar set to "Off" by default.

2) When and if the user attempts to set that option "On," issue a warning -- perhaps via a pop-up box -- telling the user that this will result in locally injected code, which may cause certain pages to fail to load.

Here is what I will do:

1) Not recommend Bitdefender to friends, relatives, acquaintances, hangers-on, etc., until you have made those changes.

This was a ridiculous waste of time for me, i.e., trying to figure out this problem, and I have never heard of such practices by an anti-virus program.

Bill

This discussion has been closed.