Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

On-access Scanning

Options

On newly installed Total Security 2013 package, I'm getting a "Critical issue to fix" which turns out to be "On-access scanning is disabled". Can seem to fix it. What do I do?

Comments

• On newly installed Total Security 2013 package, I'm getting a "Critical issue to fix" which turns out to be "On-access scanning is disabled". Can seem to fix it. What do I do?

I just installed Internet Security 2013 about 20 hours ago, and after several hours, I also got an alert that "on-access scanning" is disabled - even though the autoscan setting is "on." Like you, I am unable to get the program to fix that issue. Window 7 Home Premium, 32-bit, SP1.

I submitted my report to support using the excellent new built-in support tool (very handy!).

I suspect that if this happened to you and to me, there is a possible "bug" here. I hate running without active AV protection, but I'll wait for a reply from the support team. I was tempted to re-install Internet Security 2013, but I didn't - first, it might not help (if this is a bug), and second, I don't know if I could do a re-install using the same license key ("permanent" license, in my case).

• On newly installed Total Security 2013 package, I'm getting a "Critical issue to fix" which turns out to be "On-access scanning is disabled". Can seem to fix it. What do I do?

Problem solved! I just did a complete removal of BDIS 2013 (from the Windows uninstall page, and NOT using the built-in repair feature (which is uninstall and re-install)) and rebooted. I then did a brand new installation and the program is running 100% active and well, with all features! The On-Access scanning is running well AND there are no "fix" issues showing! Hooray!

Thanks to the BitDefender Support team during all of this time.

Blessings TO - and THROUGH - all here and out into this world which needs healing so badly.

• superman24101994
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Problem solved! I just did a complete removal of BDIS 2013 (from the Windows uninstall page, and NOT using the built-in repair feature (which is uninstall and re-install)) and rebooted. I then did a brand new installation and the program is running 100% active and well, with all features! The On-Access scanning is running well AND there are no "fix" issues showing! Hooray!

Thanks to the BitDefender Support team during all of this time.

Blessings TO - and THROUGH - all here and out into this world which needs healing so badly.

You can turn on Anti-spam? :unsure:

• You can turn on Anti-spam? :unsure:

I just tried. I could not turn it on - I hadn't even tried to turn it on during the initial installation of BDIS 2013, thinking that it was an optional feature that I didn't need, anyway (I have gmail, which pretty well keeps spam out of my inbox). Thanks for asking, however!

• I just tried. I could not turn it on - I hadn't even tried to turn it on during the initial installation of BDIS 2013, thinking that it was an optional feature that I didn't need, anyway (I have gmail, which pretty well keeps spam out of my inbox). Thanks for asking, however!

I noticed that after I did a repair for a different issue that I was able to turn on "antispam", but only after the first update occured upon a reboot.. since then I havent had any issues with that...

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

The Antispam module is not activated by default. When you turn it on for the first time, you will have to wait a few moments to be download it and installed.

Have you tried to turn it on after the first restart?

Thank you for your feedback!