Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[approved] How To Disable Parental Controls?

-Kevin-
edited June 2012 in Parental control

On Bitdefender 2013 Total security, how to disable parental controls? I don't need it..-.-

Want to disable these proccesses: 9Bbnd.png

Comments

• mitza97
    mitza97
    edited July 2012

I ask the same question ... how to disable parental control ? Because not working properly.

• Try this:

Go to Administrative Tools/ Services/right click Bitdefender Parental Control (see middle image)/right click Properties/Startup Type/Disabled/restart your PC. You should no longer see that process running. Maybe this is a less intrusive and easy to re-enable fix?

BDdisableparental.jpg

• Do the above said procedure by columbo in Safe Mode.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback!

This can cause instability on the system. We do not recommend you to turn off the service manually.

I have posted a feature request for this and it was sent to our developers. I will let know if it will be implemented.

Thank you!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

This request was approved and it will be introduced in the next product update, 16.19.xxx

Thank you very much for your patience!

• Thanks for that update, Christian :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

In the next product update, if the Parental Control module is not configured in My Bitdefender, it will be automatically disabled from the cloud and it should not interfere with your activities anymore.

Have a great day!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

The update was launched yesterday. You have all the details over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry152958

Have a great weekend!

• Hello :)

The update was launched yesterday. You have all the details over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry152958

Have a great weekend!

I have a comment on this thread, so nobody throw bricks at me. Consider that your the parent of teenagers, would you want them stopping the BitDefender Services?

I mean, in some cases yes, but where Parental Controls are concerned this is a double edged sword. I'd like to have the option of having

the Services not stoppable by the user, i.e., not be allowed to receive a Stop Request and that their properties be immutable by even a System Admin unless in safe mode.

Is this possible?

• Hi Will :)

I haven't tried it yet, but can you go into My Bitdefender, click on your account tab drop down (the email address tab at the top) click Edit Profile and under Birth Date, create a password, and that will protect services from being changed or disabled w/o a password?

• I have a comment on this thread, so nobody throw bricks at me. Consider that your the parent of teenagers, would you want them stopping the BitDefender Services?

I mean, in some cases yes, but where Parental Controls are concerned this is a double edged sword. I'd like to have the option of having

the Services not stoppable by the user, i.e., not be allowed to receive a Stop Request and that their properties be immutable by even a System Admin unless in safe mode.

Is this possible?

The service should be stoppable by the Admin on that computer only. The Parents should be only the Admin on your child's device, laptop, computer, etc... Your child should not have admin privilege on his/her computer.

• Hello :)

Since this is now resolved via Automatic Updates, I declare this topic closed.

Thank you for your patience! Have a great week.

This discussion has been closed.