Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 Problem

Options

Hi all,

I have bought the software before release.

I am having this issue with Bitdefender Internet Security 2013.

2dsljbk.jpg

I am running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit edition, with 8 GB RAM.

My processor is Intel Core i7 Q740 @ 1.73GHz.

I had tried to 'fix the issue' by running, but it has failed as you can see.

I have also tried to allow Bitdefender to run as the primary AV client on my Windows Action center but after clicking ok. It remains the same as above.

I have also run repair for Bitdefender, after running repair and the initial reboot. It will be working fine, until I reboot for the second time. The same issue happens again.

Under the Antivirus settings in Bitdefender, my On-access Scanning is turned on to Custom and editing anything will have no effect, including clicking on Default or Modify. Turning the service off for 5 minutes and I will be unable to turn it back on manually again.

It seems to me that Bitdefender is having privileged access problems with Windows?

Can any kind soul guide me as to how I can fix my problem?

Thanks so much in advance!

Julian

post-106650-1341186978_thumb.jpg

Comments

• I have since made a full system uninstall and re-install with the offline installer given in the forum and it seems to be working fine now. I shall report back again after I reboot my PC.

• Everything seems to be going well after a full uninstall and re-install.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Julian :)

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Could you please create a support tool from that machine so we can further investigate your case?

-Open Bitdefender using the icon from your Desktop.

-In the bottom right corner you have "Help & support" section, please click on it.

-In the new window, click on the last option, "Contact Support".

-Check the option “By checking this box, I agree to allow Bitdefender Support Tool gather Bitdefender related information from my system” and click on “Next”.

-Please provide a valid e-mail address/Name/Country/Issue description.

-The tool will collect the logs from your PC, please be patient.

-When everything is finished, an archive will be created on your Desktop.

Upload that archive on:

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day!

• Hey Christian!

Thanks for the reply.

However, my issue had been solved by activating Windows UAC and completely removing Bitdefender and re-installing again.

I noticed that my UAC had been set to "Never Notify Me" for some reason which might have been the cause for when I was installing there were not pop ups from UAC to give Bitdefender privileges to install but installation continued anyways.

The symptoms include that using the Fix Issues would always fail and that a repair will make it work for immediately after the initial reboot but for subsequent reboots there will be an error with On-access scanning. I was also usable to perform any editing under On-access scanning, and it would be switched to Custom.

I hope this will help in building a knowledge base for solving the same type of problem in the future. =)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Julian,

Thank you for your you feedback!

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Take care.