Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Remove Old Pc's From "my Bitdefender"

Options

Hi,

I've rebuilt my PC (and a VM) and also renamed them. When I've jumped into My Bitdefender the old PC's are still there reporting the old Bitdefender Install.

How can I remove them from "My Bitdefender" (or any device from it that I no longer use i.e phone or tablet)

Thanks!

Alex

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

We do not allow removal of the unused devices for security reasons. If you have Anti-Theft active on one of them and you remove it, you won't be able to send remote commands to it.

We will see what can be done for those unused devices.

Thank you!

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

I have six showing with expired subscriptions of Bitdefender Internet Security 2012,

one showing BD Antivirus Plus which is what I have a current subscription to, and one

showing an expired subscription to Mobile Security.

Why have the expired subscription with 5 duplicates of BIS 2012? I don't know if it was caused by

reinstalling the product several times or not. I have Bitdefender installed on only one computer

and it is BDAV+ 2013.

This doesn't make any sense.

post-63102-1341499474_thumb.png

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Every time you install Bitdefender, an unique ID is created and transmitted to My Bitdefender.

So If you installed Bitdefender 2012 5 times on the same PC, you will have 5 devices displayed.

We will see what can be made for this.

Thank you!

• aboujos
    Options

Thank you for your prompt response. Anything is fine if they have to stay there, well then they have to stay. An option to remove unused PC's from the list would be nice, maybe a warning to people who don't pay attention that if you remove it the anti-theft won't work... but well, no ######, so don't remove it if you don't want it removed right? :)

On that though, if you removed it and you actually wanted it there surely you could just go to "My Bitdefender" registration on the device again and re-register it, it's only an issue if you've lost the device and then remove it yeah?

• superman24101994
    edited July 2012
    Options

I install BD on only one PC. When I reinstalled Windows, BD creates many unused devices so I don't know what PC is being actived now :)

Now, I'm having 8 devices.

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    Options

Any news on this?

• w.anderson@wcira.com
    Options

I too would like an option to delete it, otherwise I guess the only way to "fix" this is by backdooring it using a new e-mail/registration and reinstalling and registering each device.

Seems pretty silly to have to go that route.

• superman24101994
    edited July 2012
    Options

I think BD won't delete it because of security reasons

You won't find your PC if someone del it.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Every time you install Bitdefender, an unique ID is created and transmitted to My Bitdefender.

So If you installed Bitdefender 2012 5 times on the same PC, you will have 5 devices displayed.

We will see what can be made for this.

Thank you!

Why not display 5 UIDs under the same device with their detail?

• I also would like to see a feature where we could remove unused machines from mybitdefender.

With appropriate warning about not being able to find your lost/stolen device if removed it should be made possible for the end user to manage the registrations of their own machines without big brother deciding what is best for them.

• I have these same problems with non-existent old computers being listed. That's only one problem. But my question is.....what good is a forum if you get no ###### answers other then......"We'll see what we can do" from the BitDefender folks here in the forum, and they never actually come back and GIVE an answer. How is that helping other then to add frustration to a problem which already shouldn't exist. Pretty Micky Mouse. About as frustrating as talking to a BitDefender customer support person who sounds like he is in an EXTREMELY noisy room in Bombay or some place and he can't hear a ###### thing you are saying. Result.....no answers to any questions or problems.....again. How is that helping anything? BitDefender, you want us to buy your program and this is the type of support we get in return? Not very professional.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

I provided that answer because removing those devices from My Bitdefender will result a big change to the original design of the Remote Management module and the decision has to be taken in a meeting.

In the initial situation, all devices will be kept for security reasons: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=148048

I will keep up to date with this request and we will try to solve this in a product update.

Thank you very much for understanding.

• Hi there,

I guess my problem is similar.

I installed bitdefender on a brand new laptop a week ago, just find out there is major hardware problem on it, so I brought back the laptop to factory setting (erasing Bitdefender) and I'll ship back to DELL and likely get a new one.

How to I get rid of this computer on MyBitdefender in order to install it on the next one ? I do see "remove device" but it's inactive.

Thanks,

Thomas

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Thomas :)

Welcome to the forums!

Please read my post from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=153652

Thank you!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

We implemented device removal from My Bitdefender. Just click on the device that you want to remove and select Remove device.

I have attached a screenshot.

post-9374-1352002385_thumb.png

Take care.

• cohbraz
    Options

We implemented device removal from My Bitdefender. Just click on the device that you want to remove and select Remove device.

I have attached a screenshot.

post-9374-1352002385_thumb.png

Take care.

I have some older devices that are in the Anti-Theft module but are not in the dashboard, therefore there is no "Remove Device" option. How can they be removed from the Anti-Theft module>

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello cohbraz,

Please see the response from this thread as what you are asking is a different matter:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=178795

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.