Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated] Different Immunizing Techniques

Options
coolcool1227
coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Antivirus

There are two methods for immunizing the USB Sticks

1) from the pop-up when the USB Stcik in inserted.

2) from the contextual menu.

The USB immunized by 1st method, Bitdefender creates an autorun.inf file and it can't be deleted. Attachment autorun1.jpg

The USB immunized by 2nd method, Bitdefender creates an autorun.inf folder and it can be deleted easily. Attachment autorun2.jpg

Why is this so?

post-31288-1341504815_thumb.jpg

post-31288-1341504823_thumb.jpg

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

I can see from the system tray icon that you are using Bitdefender 2012. Have you upgraded to 2013? Now the icon is white with a big "B" letter.

Thank you!

• coolcool1227
    Options

I can see from the system tray icon that you are using Bitdefender 2012. Have you upgraded to 2013? Now the icon is white with a big "B" letter.

Thank you!

As far as I know Bitdefender 2012 don't have USB immunization option, actually the same issue was in Beta and the snapshots are of Beta 2 product, but since the Final version also has the issue, so I posted the old snapshots. Here are the new snapshots. Kindly note that the said issue occur at random and going to be complicated. Sometimes the 2nd method creates the autorun.inf file and sometimes the first method created the same. Also the Laptop Mode sometimes changes the immunizing technique.

Also kindly note that the autorun.inf folder can be deleted easily, but the autorun.inf file can't be deleted but it can be deleted by formatting the USB Stick.

post-31288-1342026283_thumb.jpg

post-31288-1342026298_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

I have tested now with an empty USB stick and in both scenarios the autorun.inf is created as a folder and it can not be deleted from Explorer.

Thank you!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

I am back with one more question: the stick is formatted in FAT32 or NTFS?

Thank you!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

I did completed all the combinations possible and I have discovered and escalated the issue.

Thank you for reporting this.

Have a great day!

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

I have tested now with an empty USB stick and in both scenarios the autorun.inf is created as a folder and it can not be deleted from Explorer.

Thank you!

Yes the autorun.inf file is not delete from Explorer, but you can delete it from command prompt or with Unlocker software.

I am back with one more question: the stick is formatted in FAT32 or NTFS?

Thank you!

I have USB Sticks formatted in FAT32 and NTFS.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

I have escalated the current situation to our developers and the issue could be related to this:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35467

I will keep you up to date with the process.

Have a great day!

• coolcool1227
    Options

I have escalated the current situation to our developers and the issue could be related to this:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35467

I will keep you up to date with the process.

Have a great day!

How it is related to the crashing of Windows Explorer issue?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Because the fix that will be released soon should fix both issues for the Immunizer module.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Any update?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Please be patient, the issue will be fixed in a future update.

You will be informed fist when the update is released.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Now at present both methods creates autorun.inf folder. The folder created by first method can be opened and deleted easily but the the folder created by 2nd method can't be opened therefore can't be deleted.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your feedback.

I will let you know when the final fix will be implemented in the product.

Take care.

• bubumare
    edited December 2012
    Options

Thank you for your feedback.

I will let you know when the final fix will be implemented in the product.

Take care.

hello!I bought recently bitdefender 2013 and after i plug in the usb memory or sd card, bd imunizer it create autorun.inf

i cannot farmat my drive or delete this file.when will come the fix for this? thx!

• rootkit
    Options

Have you tried to format that device in Safe Mode?

Thank you!

• Hello :)

Have you tried to format that device in Safe Mode?

Thank you!

the device can be formated only on other pc non bitdefender protect or portable os.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Try to delete the autorun file/folder from CMD or format your USB Stick or Memory Card from CMD. I've tested it many times. But you have to use elevated CMD or Run CMD as Administrator (option available when you right click on it) for doing above in Windows 7.

Also do this

Open the Bitdefender window.

2. Click the Settings button on the upper toolbar.

3. In the Settings Overview window, select Antivirus.

4. In the Antivirus Settings window, select the Exclusions tab.

5. Locate USB scan option or similar and select Ask what to do instead of automatically.

• Try to delete the autorun file/folder from CMD or format your USB Stick or Memory Card from CMD. I've tested it many times. But you have to use elevated CMD or Run CMD as Administrator (option available when you right click on it) for doing above in Windows 7.

Also do this

Open the Bitdefender window.

2. Click the Settings button on the upper toolbar.

3. In the Settings Overview window, select Antivirus.

4. In the Antivirus Settings window, select the Exclusions tab.

5. Locate USB scan option or similar and select Ask what to do instead of automatically.

ok thx!

• rootkit
    Options

Is everything OK now?

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Take care.