Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safepay Crashes On Login

Options

Hi,

Using safepay on my 64 bit win 7 laptop, and trying to internet bank with lloydstsb.com. I can enter my login and password no problem, then select my memorable information from the drop-down boxes, but on pressing continue after that, safepay always crashes and closes.

Dismissing the safepay popup then causes regular chrome to crash, so I can't access my bank at all online. It worked fine before installation of Bitdefender 2013, and still works ok on my desktop which is running BD 2012 still.

Comments

• This is happening to me too, although this isn't limited to safepay. I have selected "No" to that and still it happens. I've uninstalled Bitdefender, tested again, and been able to get into the site, then re-installed Bitdefender, tried again, and it fails in the same way. This proves it's to do with Bitdefender. I had 2011 before and that was fine.

Kath, I see you've been waiting since the 9th. Is anyone from Bitlocker listening?

• I have just bought BD 2013 and have just come across this issue with LLoyds. It seems to be an issue with the drop down boxes.

Hopefully someone from BD will have a look into it and advise accordingly

• Hello Guys

Just wanted to say that I am using Safepay with Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and I'm not experiencing your problem. I don't however bank with Lloyds, but do have to enter memorable info into drop down boxes as you do.

So, this may not be a Bitdefender problem.

Don't know if any of you have noticed my other post about not being able to print in Safepay - how about you guys? If you can, then I may have to change my bank and hope I don't encounter your problem!!!

• I have just retried the Lloyds site today and it seems to have worked ok so maybe something has been sorted.

Don't know about the printing issues as I dont have a printer set up at the moment

• kath118
    edited August 2012
    Options

I never did hear anything back from Bitdefender, and it was definitely a problem caused by BD2013 interacting in some way with the Lloyds site, my desktop which still has 2012 worked fine letting me access the site the whole time.

As Craig said, the problem is now fixed, which has definitely only happened in the last week or so, I did check periodically.. maybe they were listening after all.

Mike - I've just tried, and no, I can't print from safepay either.

• Same here. No issues with Safepay when logging into BMO.

Works just fine! B)

• I see that this topic is already old but I can tell everybody who has a problem with Bitdefendfer Safe Pay that I have the same problem. It's now already November 2013 so it seems that Bitdefender still has not solved this big problem. Some weeks ago I bought the antivirus of Bitdefender and after installing it I was happy that it's not only an antivirus program but I also got Safe Pay so from now on I could feel better if I do a transfer with my bank. But soon I found out that if I use Safe Pay my computer is crashing most of the time. I can get in my bank account but as soon as I want to see the transfers of the last few weeks I get the blue screen of a computer crash and I have to start up again. I am from the Netherlands and my bank is the SNS bank. I am surprised that a program that is tested so good and that has the reputation of one of the best antivirus programs has this problem already for such a long time.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    Hi,

Using safepay on my 64 bit win 7 laptop, and trying to internet bank with lloydstsb.com. I can enter my login and password no problem, then select my memorable information from the drop-down boxes, but on pressing continue after that, safepay always crashes and closes.

Dismissing the safepay popup then causes regular chrome to crash, so I can't access my bank at all online. It worked fine before installation of Bitdefender 2013, and still works ok on my desktop which is running BD 2012 still.

Well, Safepay does not use or impacts Chrome. It can be another component from the Bitdefender suite that may impact this.

Did you have already filled an issue with more technical details? (Is a little bit hard for us to test with lloydstsb.com without an account). If so, can you give us more details about it?

Or perhaps this manifests also in another scenario without a login being needed? That would be ideal.

Regards,

Cristian

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    I see that this topic is already old but I can tell everybody who has a problem with Bitdefendfer Safe Pay that I have the same problem. It's now already November 2013 so it seems that Bitdefender still has not solved this big problem. Some weeks ago I bought the antivirus of Bitdefender and after installing it I was happy that it's not only an antivirus program but I also got Safe Pay so from now on I could feel better if I do a transfer with my bank. But soon I found out that if I use Safe Pay my computer is crashing most of the time. I can get in my bank account but as soon as I want to see the transfers of the last few weeks I get the blue screen of a computer crash and I have to start up again. I am from the Netherlands and my bank is the SNS bank. I am surprised that a program that is tested so good and that has the reputation of one of the best antivirus programs has this problem already for such a long time.

The BSOD issue was caused by the netio.sys driver of Windows. There is another forum entry describing exactly the solution.

Regards,

Cristian