Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safepay Isn't Working

Options

I've recently invested in Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and I can't seem to get Safepay to work at all, despite trying a programme repair. It certainly doesn't appear when I go onto relevant banking or retailing sites in automatic mode. I don't seem to be able to enter any domain names in manually. The only thing it will let me do is to type in a domain name in the bar at the top of the opening window, when it will immediately open at that web site.

This is either a very hit and miss aspect of Bitdefender or I'm missing something fundamental. Anybody experiencing similar problems?

Comments

• I've recently invested in Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 and I can't seem to get Safepay to work at all, despite trying a programme repair. It certainly doesn't appear when I go onto relevant banking or retailing sites in automatic mode. I don't seem to be able to enter any domain names in manually. The only thing it will let me do is to type in a domain name in the bar at the top of the opening window, when it will immediately open at that web site.

This is either a very hit and miss aspect of Bitdefender or I'm missing something fundamental. Anybody experiencing similar problems?

• It has occurred to me that since I'm based in the UK, Safepay may not recognise its banks and/or its retailers. Sounds a bit of a long shot, but does anyone know if this is true?

• columbo
    Options

Hi Mike, and welcome :)

As you have found out Safepay will not open even if you have it set to open (in settings) when you type in a banking site on in your normal browser. I think it needs to be told more than that, try this:

• Open Safepay
    • Type in a domain in the address bar, including .com, i.e. amazon.com
    • when the web page loads, go to the right end of the address bar and click the bookmark icon
    • this will open a bookmark window and click on the, New URL and Create
    • now click on the gear icon next to the far right side bookmarks, which is the Settings page
    • click from the options for that domain that you want it to do, open automatically, ask you every time etc.

Now when you now do your normal browsing and you enter that domain into a search, Safepay will now open, either if you did a general search and it brings you to the web page then opens, or if you search by .com, in which case it will load immediately after clicking to search.

Hope this helps :)

Columbo

• Hi Mike, and welcome :)

As you have found out Safepay will not open even if you have it set to open (in settings) when you type in a banking site on in your normal browser. I think it needs to be told more than that, try this:

• Open Safepay
    • Type in a domain in the address bar, including .com, i.e. amazon.com
    • when the web page loads, go to the right end of the address bar and click the bookmark icon
    • this will open a bookmark window and click on the, New URL and Create
    • now click on the gear icon next to the far right side bookmarks, which is the Settings page
    • click from the options for that domain that you want it to do, open automatically, ask you every time etc.

Now when you now do your normal browsing and you enter that domain into a search, Safepay will now open, either if you did a general search and it brings you to the web page then opens, or if you search by .com, in which case it will load immediately after clicking to search.

Hope this helps :)

Columbo

• Hello Columbo

Thanks for the advice, which works. "Help" doesn't explain it anywhere near as clearly as you did.

By the way, you will see that when I try to add a reply, the previous entry seems to get repeated before I can add mine. What on earth am I doing wrong here?

I don't normally have these difficulties - didn't want you to think you're dealing with an absolute idiot!

• columbo
    Options

lol :):) the glitches of PCing :) No I did not think that way of you at all, friend.

I'm glad it worked, and thanks for the kind words :) Yes, I do wish the help manual was more in depth. I do have a link to the PDF manuals in my siggy, but I haven't even read that version to see if it's better than the Bitdefender console help manual.

Anyway, glad all is well, happy surfing :)

Columbo

• columbo
    Options

Just a follow up. Ideally if we have Safepay set to automatically open when we enter an online banking site, or shop online in our normal browser, and it doesn't, as it's supposed to, then the fail safe method that I posted, #4, works every time. This may just be a glitch as at one time it did work for a couple of times, but no longer does...maybe due to Firefox's "pulse updates" ^_^

Yet, since this is a new, and incredible feature to Bitdefender, I have no problem with some minor glitches that may need to be worked out.

BDSafepay.jpg

• My problem is that the Safepay window comes on for a second and disappears. So I can even access the settings - in fact I seem completely stuck and the window flashes everytime I access my bank online - it then reverts to the browser - and then any activity in the browser while banking - and the Safepay window flashes on and off in a second. To put it bluntly, it is driving me CRAZY.

I wish I had said NO when I used my bank first time.

• Just to add: When I access Safepay via the Start Menu, again it just flashes on and off in a second. Also, and this is strange, go to Windows Task Manager and try "End Task" on Safepay - and nothing happens, NOTHING can turn if off. I would like to turn of OFF for good. It is of no use this way.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    Just to add: When I access Safepay via the Start Menu, again it just flashes on and off in a second. Also, and this is strange, go to Windows Task Manager and try "End Task" on Safepay - and nothing happens, NOTHING can turn if off. I would like to turn of OFF for good. It is of no use this way.

Just to follow-up - I have asked the team for a full test on the fix for this issue and an update will be released next week.

Cristian