Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safepay Window Won't Stay Up.

Options

I recently installed Bitdefender 2013 Total Solution. Everything seems to work except Safepay. When I select SafePay, the SafePay Window pops up for approximately 2S and then goes away. I haven't seen this issue described in the forum yet. I'd hate to have to re-install the program. Anybody have a quick fix?

Comments

• I have the same problem; Installed Bitdefender on a Windows7 - 64-bit pc; After click the safepay icon, it opens but before you can fill-in something, the window closes automatically;

Already did restarts and looking for updates. Any help welcome.

When going via my normal browser (Explorer) to the bank, it asks to open in safepay; After confirmation, just the same: safepay opens a window and immediately closes it again.

• I have the same problem.

Any staff can can check this out and help us?

• I have the same problem. When I click on the safepay desktop icon, safepay opens, changes the desktop background to grey, and after a couple of seconds disappears, leaving the desktop background grey.

The only way I have found to restore the desktop to the original settings is to logoff and then log back on.

The environment is Vista 64Bit.

• I have the same problem. When I click on the safepay desktop icon, safepay opens, changes the desktop background to grey, and after a couple of seconds disappears, leaving the desktop background grey.

The only way I have found to restore the desktop to the original settings is to logoff and then log back on.

The environment is Vista 64Bit.

If you are quick, click again on safeplay and close the small browser when safeplay open (clicking on X) to return to your regular background.

• Having same issue. Windows 7 64 bit. Running through Firefox. Have set to auto open safepay, so when website is clicked, opens safepay. Worked for day or so, shut computer down for windows, and bitdefender updates, now it will not stay up. restarted windows, opened it again, and same thing. Background gone... any actual resolution forthcoming would be great!

• It's happening to me too in Firefox. Steve

I recently installed Bitdefender 2013 Total Solution. Everything seems to work except Safepay. When I select SafePay, the SafePay Window pops up for approximately 2S and then goes away. I haven't seen this issue described in the forum yet. I'd hate to have to re-install the program. Anybody have a quick fix?
  • I am having the same problem. I am using google chrome and Win 7 x64. When I am browsing and click on my bookmark for my bank, the safepay windows (keyboard and browser window) pop up for a second and then disappear. Every time I navigate to another page at my bank website they will pop up again for a second and then disappear again. Also my desktop is stuck with that black background after I close my browser. Also safepay shows up on my task manager but I can not force shut it down.

• I am having the same problem. I am using google chrome and Win 7 x64. When I am browsing and click on my bookmark for my bank, the safepay windows (keyboard and browser window) pop up for a second and then disappear. Every time I navigate to another page at my bank website they will pop up again for a second and then disappear again. Also my desktop is stuck with that black background after I close my browser. Also safepay shows up on my task manager but I can not force shut it down.

I am having the same problem. It won't work in firefox. I hope they get this issue fixed.

• Does anyone check out these boards? Numerous people have posted the same problem and there has been zero response. Should I just start using other programs?

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options

The issue has been fixed and will appear in the next release.

Thank you for letting us know about this !

Regards,

Cristian Amarie

• I turned mine off. Just go to a page that's opening up safepay like your banking website. Hurry and close the small window that pops up twice. (For me at least) Then when it finally stops, open safepay with the original window open. It should stabilize, then you can go to the settings tab next to the search bar and turn safepay off.

• same issue here, and windows seven deskstop slideshow is disabled by safepay too..

well, I bookmarked my e-shopping sites into safepay, and turned it off, so I will use it manually until the next release...

• The issue has been fixed and will appear in the next release.

Thank you for letting us know about this !

Regards,

Cristian Amarie

When is the next release? It keeps popping up with every page change on my banking site. It makes me dizzy, doesn't stay up long enough for me to catch and turn off. I am very tempted to uninstall bitdefender and go with a different product. Is there any way to disable safepay without opening it?

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    When is the next release? It keeps popping up with every page change on my banking site. It makes me dizzy, doesn't stay up long enough for me to catch and turn off. I am very tempted to uninstall bitdefender and go with a different product. Is there any way to disable safepay without opening it?

I think in the next week you'll get the update. This week was a real pain with 3 separate releases (Windows 8 being the most pressed, as you can imagine).

Until the update, what I can suggest you is to temporarily turn off Safepay, by:

- open Safepay manually

- click on Settings button

- on the upper Settings page, click on Don't use.

- after the next update, please re-enable Safepay using your current setting.

I apologise for the inconvenient caused by this bug.

Regards,

Cristian

• I think in the next week you'll get the update. This week was a real pain with 3 separate releases (Windows 8 being the most pressed, as you can imagine).

Until the update, what I can suggest you is to temporarily turn off Safepay, by:

- open Safepay manually

- click on Settings button

- on the upper Settings page, click on Don't use.

- after the next update, please re-enable Safepay using your current setting.

I apologise for the inconvenient caused by this bug.

Regards,

Cristian

Hmmm...that is the problem. I would love to turn it off, but I can't. I can open it manually, but it stays up only two seconds, so I cannot click on the settings button. Believe me, if I could have, I would have.