Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No Virus Information On Pop-up

Options

Why the Pop-up appear upon virus detection by RTP is not much informative about the detected virus, rather we have to click and on "More Detail" and check from Events?

post-31288-1346175260_thumb.jpg

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Would you like to have a pop-up that takes half of the screen? The information is not relevant, the user is informed about the action, for path and detection, he has to check the Events.

A malware file is always unwanted so the user is informed that the product took care of everything.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Would you like to have a pop-up that takes half of the screen? The information is not relevant, the user is informed about the action, for path and detection, he has to check the Events.

A malware file is always unwanted so the user is informed that the product took care of everything.

Take care.

Half of the screen....I can't believe. Have seen many Pop-ups on detection from other vendors and Bitdefender 2011 and previous versions too, but couldn't see such a big size pop-up as you are saying.

However the size is not the issue, if you are really willing to display pop-up, you can cover it in many ways like displaying the whole path when the user hovers the mouse pointer over the text etc.

• ..Would you like to have a pop-up that takes half of the screen? ...

..that the product took care of everything.

Should I say something now...? :D:D:D

• werby3
    edited September 2012
    Options

..and in addition to:

...that the product took care of everything.

Software is for helping user to take care of everything or else we would buy machines.

That's the BIG deference between computers and machines.

Take care

• The way I see it, so long as Bitdefender catches the "nasty" and either sticks it in Quarantine or dumps it,

that suits me just fine!

Software is suppose to take care of everything, as it's designed to and BD does that quite well! B)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

When you click the More details button in that pop-up, you will see the path, detection name, action taken, time stamp in the Event created.

For now, that pop-up will not be modified.

Thank you!

• columbo
    Options

Agreed, that works for me, as long as that information is available somewhere, I'm ok with this :) It is a nice, clean looking pop up notification, IMHO :)

• columbo
    Options
    Half of the screen....I can't believe. Have seen many Pop-ups on detection from other vendors and Bitdefender 2011 and previous versions too, but couldn't see such a big size pop-up as you are saying.

However the size is not the issue, if you are really willing to display pop-up, you can cover it in many ways like displaying the whole path when the user hovers the mouse pointer over the text etc.

I do know what you are saying as far as the information displaying on the pop-up itself, but it does have a link with that info. It seems that it may not be something Bitdefender isn't going to modify any time soon, yet, as you know, you could also post this as a feature request in that forum.

When you click the More details button in that pop-up, you will see the path, detection name, action taken, time stamp in the Event created.

For now, that pop-up will not be modified.

Thank you!

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi all

The Pop-up information/Notifications and Events/Logs are two different things although related to each other. In precise words former is like a quick view and the later is like a detailed review, but the former should also have some more information for clarity.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Omer :)

With all the respect, do not compare all the things from the new products(2012,2013) with Bitdefender 2011.

I know the pop-ups were different back then but now things got changes and evolved.

Soon you will see some important changes for Windows 8.

Thank you!