Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

User Critical Problem Message Interface Issue?

Options

I am a new BD 2013 user. Recently the BD user GUI interface displayed a message in a red background to the effect that I hade a critical problem and action was required. There was no indication of what the problem was or what to do to resolve/troubleshoot it. If I placed the cursor over the message or on the tools in the circular area, the cursor changed indicated a click was possible but clicking did nothing. I tried clicking several times but nothing ever changed.

What should have happened? Shouldn't some action have occurred to help resolve the critical problem or am I just misunderstanding the purpose of the message? If so, why present the user with a critical problem alert and then do nothing?

The message area was green this morning stating all was OK but I still have no idea what happened or what was done to my PC, if anything?

Please help me to understand this feature and how to use it.

thanks

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hi xwray, and welcome :)

Chances are it was a glitch, as I had something like that happen to me yesterday too. The Widget Showed green, the Console showed red with no events showing a problem. This is still in its maturing phase, being the newest version and all, so all should be fine.

They did release quit e few updates today, so I'm sure allot of little glitches here and there will be resolved.

So no worries, as long as your green today (like I am) you're good to go :)

If you by chance do have any more problems, be sure to let us know.

Cheers,

Columbo

• Yes, I agree, don't worry, it's just an interface issue that in my experience is (mostly) present with 64bits systems.

As far as I remember, it should be fixed in the next (soon) build.

• xwray
    Options

Thanks, gentlemen.

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcoem to the forums!

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Take care.