Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Says: 804 Files Could Not Be Cleaned, Also Bd Updated And Asked For Reboot Many Times Today

Options

I'm having a couple of problems.

Problem number 1.

I bought BD yesterday. I did a full system scan and 20 malicious/threatening cookies were removed, but BD sayd: 50 items could not be cleaned. Your system is not virus free.

Today, after I did a full system agressive scan, 2 treatening-cookies are removed. But BD also says: 804 files could not be cleaned. Your system is not virus-free.

It says to contact BD support.

How can I make my system virus free?

A bit of backstory:

I used to use McAfee Site Advisor and many ads were blocked and stated as malicious. The ad warnings became more and more frequent and on more and more websites, even youtube and gmail.

I uninstalled the McAfee Site Advisor after before I switched to BD. Then I installed Trafficlight.

I fear the malicious ads are not blocked anymore.

I mention this here because I think it might be related to the malicious cookies.

Problem number 2.

My BitDefender continually updates and asks for a reboot. It has happened 4 times today.

I hope somebody here can help me.

Comments

• Sorry, forgot to add this basic info:

I'm running BD Internet Security 2013 on Windows XP Service Pack 3.

The additional security solution would be Traffic Light and Malwarebytes (though I haven't run it since I bought BD).

I tried to make a screenshot of the message in BD but BD was not visible on it.

I have the scanlog but I would rather PM (a link to) it than post it here.

Thanks,

Suzanne

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

As I mentioned here, on some systems the Ignored items are tagged as Unresolved and displayed at the end of the scan like in this situation:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=153962

That workaround should temporary solve the issue and when the next product update will be released it will be fixed via Automatic Updates.

Take care.