Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Active Virus Control

Options

Hey,

I recently bought Bitdefender Total Security 2013 and put it on my Windows 8 Pro 64bit computer and the Active Virus Control setting stays at Normal. I slide it to aggressive and close the window and when I go back to the settings its back at normal.

Reinstalled countless times and used uninstaller. Sent off a report zip to support team with no response as yet.

Anyone else having this problem? :huh:

Comments

• My subscription will probably run out before tech support can even reply..... and im only 2 weeks into it, with a major security floor...

• My subscription will probably run out before tech support can even reply..... and im only 2 weeks into it, with a major security floor...

Sorry, i think i would of died of old age.

• Sorry, i think i would of died of old age.

Working after update. Windows 8 pro UI Apps are all failing after same update. But at least I can change settings....

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

You should leave the default settings for the Active Virus Control, the Aggressive mode is only for highly infected systems.

Please set it to Normal and let me know if you are able to start those applications.

Thank you!

• Hello :)

You should leave the default settings for the Active Virus Control, the Aggressive mode is only for highly infected systems.

Please set it to Normal and let me know if you are able to start those applications.

Thank you!

I had to do a complete uninstall and install of defender to fix the problem. I don't understand why everytime there is a major update I have to repair the program. But anyway, does active virus control on aggressive help protect me more against zero day threats? That's the only reason it's on aggressive. Thank you christian for getting back to me

• rootkit
    Options

Hello,

Setting the level to Aggressive will protect the system from zero day malware, but can also cause false positives.

If you encounter flagged files, please report them and we will remove the detection.

Take care.