Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disable Safepay

Options
Nick Grimshaw
edited September 2012 in Safepay

Can anyone advise on how I can disable Safepay or unistall it from my PC.

The issues with this software far outway the benefits and in it's present form it is not worth using.

I am using Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 as well but hoping to keep this if that is at all possible.

:wacko:

Comments

• click on the safe-pay desktop short cut when your browser open in the right hand corner click on the round settings tab and select don't use safe pay..

• click on the safe-pay desktop short cut when your browser open in the right hand corner click on the round settings tab and select don't use safe pay..

That is just one of the problems: you can't get safepay to open and stay open for longer than 2 seconds: it opens and close immediately. Also have just installed Internet Security 2013 on 2 windows7 pc's with same result. How to disable it out of the open window ?

• I've got it working:

- downloaded the latest Java JRE 7.xx

- reset the IE options back to default values

After a reboot, safepay now opens and stay open. Now able to insert webpage or change options

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    That is just one of the problems: you can't get safepay to open and stay open for longer than 2 seconds: it opens and close immediately. Also have just installed Internet Security 2013 on 2 windows7 pc's with same result. How to disable it out of the open window ?

By any chance, do you have IE running with Yahoo toolbar installed and active? (Also, if you can look in Task Manager, there are processes as ytbb.exe and/or ytbn.exe ?)

Because if so, is a known Y! toolbar bug which impacts us (and not only). It seems that for some reason Y! toolbar considers necessarly to switch desktop back to the original one, thus letting Safepay run in its desktop (again, if this is the case, you should see in Task Manager obk.exe and obkch.exe running but not visible).

Please let me know if this is the case, thanks !

Regards,

Cristian

• I have the same problem listed by Boxke, the SafePay browser stays open for less than 2seconds, but have not yet found a solution. I've tried to repair, reinstall, change ownership/permission.

I use Chrome on Win7. I'm not running any Yahoo toolbars.

I cannot End Task or Switch To in the Task Manager, it just stays open in the 'background'.

Any advice would be appreciateed

• camarie
    Options
    I have the same problem listed by Boxke, the SafePay browser stays open for less than 2seconds, but have not yet found a solution. I've tried to repair, reinstall, change ownership/permission.

I use Chrome on Win7. I'm not running any Yahoo toolbars.

I cannot End Task or Switch To in the Task Manager, it just stays open in the 'background'.

Any advice would be appreciateed

Next update will fix this inconvenient - it should be released in the next days.

Regards,

Cristian

• Hi,

i also have problems with safepay.

it closes after a few seconds and it take very long to confirm payments.

What can I do??

• camarie
    Options
    Can anyone advise on how I can disable Safepay or unistall it from my PC.

The issues with this software far outway the benefits and in it's present form it is not worth using.

I am using Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 as well but hoping to keep this if that is at all possible.

:wacko:

For all users having this issue - a major update (containing multiple fixes also for Safepay, including for this issue) will be released on Thursday.

I'm not sure when this will be generally available (there is internal testing of course) but if everything is ok on Friday (11/9) it should be ready to go.

Regards,

Cristian

• That is just one of the problems: you can't get safepay to open and stay open for longer than 2 seconds: it opens and close immediately. Also have just installed Internet Security 2013 on 2 windows7 pc's with same result. How to disable it out of the open window ?

I also want to disable Safepay, I have follower your suggestion ^ and only get the options to send to or other options. Not wanting to keep it open but to select it when I want to. The only option is to uninstall Safepay. When selecting the 'settings option' I get only three options, but finding no 'save' selection. My original issue is to allow pop-ups but now uninstalling is on the table.

Sorry your suggestions didn't work. I searched the internet for ideas but when minimizing the window there's no way to get to the desktop to select the Bitdfender icon other than closing Bitdefender Safepay.

Hopefuly management and the developers can update these issues. <_<

• i have tried to install latest java ( or one that is more up to date than mine} and I did a rebooth. After that everything went well but the next day everything was lost again.

I really hope that tomorrow the right update is released to solve this!

do I have to do anything special to have that update?

• camarie
    Options
    i have tried to install latest java ( or one that is more up to date than mine} and I did a rebooth. After that everything went well but the next day everything was lost again.

I really hope that tomorrow the right update is released to solve this!

do I have to do anything special to have that update?

Java is blocked in Safepay (although there are requests to let user choose if to allow Java or not... in the future I hope to add this feature) so it does not help.

I hope the update is on the way - I did not received the announcement internal email yet.

Cristian