Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I Cant Scan Mp3

Options

Hi.

I have just upgraded to BD Total Security 2013.

I have discovered the 2013 BD wont scan my Samsung T10 MP3, it just doesn't see the MP3. The 2012 version did scan anything I plugged into a USB.

I first tried scanning the MP3 with the new circular desktop thingey that is a feature of the Total security 2013 package and has segments for "Fire Wall", "Scan Activity" functions etc. I tried dragging the whole MP3 player to the desktop feature, then folders, then sub folders and even individual files but nothing worked.

If I copy the contents of the MP3 to my computer I can scan the MP3's files, but this isn't an ideal option. Until now I have successfully scanned any items by simply dragging any existing or downloaded files to the new desktop feature.

I then tried using the BD Scan Now>Custom Scan>Add Target option but again this didn't work, I couldn't find the MP3 player in the "Add Target" windows C drive (or any other areas of the Add Target window).

I can access the MP3 in the normal computer C drive function.

If this is needed, the computer is a Compaq 32 Bit, Duel Core 1.8 GHz and is running Vista Ultimate with 4GB ram. We only have BD Total Security 2013 running as our security.

Any Ideas?

Regards.

P.s. when I upgraded to BD Total security 2013 the circular desktop tool was loaded to the lower left side of the screen. This was good because it sat below (and fitted with) my existing active sidebar features. Alas I couldn't actually use the BD feature because, although it was visible the new BD feature was behind the sidebar banner :-(

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

That player is managed by a 3rd party software that will start automatically when you plug it in the USB port?

Thank you!