Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firefox Vs Safepay

Options

Safepay seems to be a good tool but I wonder how safe it is because it goes through Internet Explorer and then www.google.com/s2/favicons?domain_url=. Would FireFox in stealth mode be more effective?

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi Jcm, and welcome :)

The best way for me to answer your question, would be to have you read topic #1 of this post. I'm sure you'll see the benefit of using Safepay compared to Firefox in Privacy mode, or are you talking about the Stealther add on?...which still includes all of it's extra running background add ons and extensions that could be exploited.

Cheers,

Columbo

• Thank You for your help

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome, it was gladly done :)

Columbo

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    Safepay seems to be a good tool but I wonder how safe it is because it goes through Internet Explorer and then www.google.com/s2/favicons?domain_url=.

I don't think it goes through Internet Explorer. The favicons HTTP query is done internally by Safepay just to get the favorite icons to be displayed on tab captions, nothing more.

Would FireFox in stealth mode be more effective?

I guess that depends on your preferences. But Safepay uses a separate desktop, disable hooks, does not load extensions (at all) and plugins (except Flash), uses a virtual keyboard and even dials a VPN to Bitdefender when connection is an insecure wireless. So I am confident that Safepay have things to offer which you can't find in Firefox.

Regards,

Cristian