Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Rescue Mode Can Be Added As Dual Booting Option

Options

With reference to the topic Rescue Mode And Startup Booting, Bitdefender Rescue Mode can be added as a Dual Booting in the Windows XP also. I find a method by which you can do this easily, but I will recommend this method for advanced users only.

1) Back-up the boot.ini file as by right-click My Computer, and then click Properties. -or- Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK. On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery. Under System Startup, click Edit. This opens the file in Notepad ready for editing. In Notepad, click File on the Menu bar and then click Save As.

2) Open Bitdefender dashboard and go to Antivirus Panel. Click Scan Now and select Rescue Mode from the drop-down menu. A confirmation window will appear. Click Yes to reboot your computer. After the computer restarts, a menu will appear prompting you to select an operating system.

2) Now this is the main step which you must have to do for the first time that from the menu appear, don't select "Bitdefender Rescue Image" and select again the Windows XP option again and proceed with the Windows booting till desktop appear.

3) Now again open the boot.ini file just like in step 1.

4) Now you will find an additional entry "C:\bdr-ld01="Bitdefender Rescue Mode - Microsoft Windows XP SP 3 (x86)". Now again make back-up of new boot.ini with the added entry of Bitdefender rescue Mode or copy that new entry to other text file.

5) Now restart your system and the menu for booting options will appear again since you have not booted to Rescue Mode last time. This time select Rescue Mode and follow on-screen instructions and then restart again from Rescue Mode. This time no booting options appear and Windows will automatically be loaded in a normal way.

6) When desktop appear again open the boot.ini file and add the above said entry and save it.

7) Reboot again and now will see the dual booting options as shown in the attachment permanently.

Thats all.

post-31288-1349371764_thumb.jpg

Comments