Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Bitdefender 2013 Recover Disinfected/deleted Files

Options

I want to know how Bitdefender 2013 recovers the deleted possible infection or false +ve? It means the Bitdefender is not using shred type technique to delete the infections which therefore can also be recovered from by any data recovery softwares. It also means that there are chances that Bitdefender can still delete the possible infected or suspected files as we are discussing here Sequence Of Actions, Taking Proper Actions. And rather to implement "Prompt for Action" in all Scan Tasks and RTP and improve the detection and action routines for suspected files, you implement this meaningless feature.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Omer :)

In the latest product update, some things got changed: when the product disinfects a file or deletes one, the file is temporary moved to a vault where becomes inactive. The user receives an Event related to that action and depending on the action, the file will be recovered in the initial location or it will be deleted.

Why do you think someone will use recovery tools for malware files?

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    In the latest product update, some things got changed: when the product disinfects a file or deletes one, the file is temporary moved to a vault where becomes inactive. The user receives an Event related to that action and depending on the action, the file will be recovered in the initial location or it will be deleted.

So that vault is hidden from users and it is something different from quarantine, but how? Why don't you implement the feature to delete the infection and also quarantined a copy of it?

Why do you think someone will use recovery tools for malware files?

Actually once I deleted some data mp3, jpg and docs file from a partition and try to recover it from Recovery software and it also recover the deleted infections found on that partition by Bitdefender.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Consider the vault a temporary location like a purgatory.

Usually, professional recovery tools have filters and the user can select which files to recover by extension.

I will post this as a feature request, but I don't think it will be introduced in Bitdefender 2013, maybe in 2014 :)

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Consider the vault a temporary location like a purgatory.

Sorry I can't understand? Kindly elaborate further.

And by the way how can it be a temporary if the user may don't restore/recover the deleted file(s) e.g for 4 months? Or it should be temporary until the user restores/recover it regardless of the time frame?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

The files are stored temporary until the user takes an action: Recover or Delete. If the second one is selected, the file is deleted (forever).

If not, and the event is kept, it can be recovered and restored in the original location.

Take care.

• Hi, I would like to link up on this problem: my USB memory was infected in the office by some strange worm. The way the virus worked is just to create a shortcut to my USB in the USB. I brought it home and used BD to clean the disc. After cleaning the disc, and deleting the threat in the event log, I discovered that I can not access my USB anymore due to the link being deleted. The disc is still showing used amount of memory correctly. Any idea how to access my files?

post-151324-1375219632_thumb.png

post-151324-1375219669_thumb.png

post-151324-1375219711_thumb.png