[escalated] Missing Sounds

Ever since installing Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 certain sounds are missing. Mainly the UAC prompt "bing". With BD uninstalled it works just fine. Other sounds seem effected but music and videos play just fine. This has also been confirmed by other users over at Wilders Security Forum. I thought it was just me but now 3 others have the same sounds missing. Is this a known bug? Will there be a patch or a new version soon to address this? Thanks.

OS= Windows 7 64-bit

Comments

• I also have lost sound to all UAC prompts on windows 7 32 bit.Music and video sound seems to be fine.Thanks

• Aquarius Gabriel
    edited October 2012

All i can say is that i have this issue too.And honestly i don't like it either.So make your magic guys and fix this. :)

Win 7 x32 Ultimate

• This is because bitdefender is a silent security.....and it makes everything silent.....so you are not hearing the sounds on USC prompts etc. :P

• Ever since installing Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 certain sounds are missing. Mainly the "bing". With BD uninstalled it works just fine. Other sounds seem effected but music and videos play just fine. This has also been confirmed by other users over at Wilders Security Forum. I thought it was just me but now 3 others have the same sounds missing. Is this a known bug? Will there be a patch or a new version soon to address this? Thanks.

OS= Windows 7 64-bit

Same problem here...

I miss the attention capturing sound associated with the appearance of UAC prompts.

OS = Vista 32Bit and BD Total Security.

I am also unable to automatically or manually scan all usb devices when they are connected to the computer; is anyone else having a similar problem?

• This is because bitdefender is a silent security.....and it makes everything silent.....so you are not hearing the sounds on USC prompts etc. :P

Not the proper response to the problem. Thanks.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Welcome to the forums.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day.

• I sent you a Pm Christian with the necessary info you request per log.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

I just received the logs and I will forward them to our developers.

Thank you very much for your patience.

• There is also no sounds when MBAM completes an update.

• Anything on this? Is Christian the only mod in here? :unsure:

• Hello :)

Our developers are still working on this and the update should be released soon.

Thank you for your patience and for the cooperation with BitDefender team.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• Joice79
    edited November 2012

Hi all, same problem here, UAC popup without sound on 7 X64. Before to uninstall BitDefender it was released a fix patch or a fix tutorial ? It is more than one month that it is a knowed bug and still not there's a solution?

• Aventador
    edited November 2012

Problem solved. Back to Avast Free. BD might be the top antivirus as far as detection rates go. But the support is frikin horrible. One mod for a million people is pathetic.

• I'm back to avast too

• Pretty ironic when the best antivirus has the worst customer support. I would rather have less bugs and a lower detection rate then deal with this.

• It's realle unbeliveble , still not solved the UAC sound? I really WASTE my money buying BitDefender. I'll never pay it for all my life anymore.

• Hi :)

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

• Hi :D

Any progress with this problem???

Have a nice day!