Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unkown Adware On My Device

hagi_mostafa
edited January 2022 in Mobile Security

hello

i have bitdefender mobile security installed on my device which has permanent internet connection.

i noticed that unkown apps becomes added to my device frequently without my permission, most of them are chinese and bitdefender sometimes detectes kungfo trojan (which has a white dog paw icon).

i can't discriminate between my installed app that which one is adware.

whould you please help me?

tanx

:unsure:

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Are you the only user that is using that device?

Take care.

• zeus.bd
    zeus.bd ✭✭✭

Hello ,

There aren't many ways apps. can get installed on your device by themself.

Like my colleague Christian mentioned , if someone has access to your google account (and the google account is synced with your device) they may install via Google Play apps. from the market.

Could you please specify the some more info regarding your device , such as :

- device model & Android version

- Mobile Security version ( enter the app. -> press menu-options button and enter the About section -> you will see your current version there . Please make sure it's 1.2.62 if not perform an update via. Google Play Store

- if your device is rooted or not

- and last but not least the status that Mobile Security shows when you enter it. Clean / Infected / Adware

Notice that if the apps. status if other than Clean you will notice that under the status there is a drawer handle you can pull dowsn and see what infected apps. are on your device.

• hagi_mostafa
    edited October 2012

Are you the only user that is using that device?

Take care.

i'm totally sure about it, nobody knows Chinese in my territory!

also my device is not connected to google account

sony ericsson x10 mini pro android 2.1 update 1 build 2.1.1.c.0.0 (this build version is Chinese, the only probable link between my device and Chinese unknown apps)

Bitdefender version 1.2.58

my device is rooted but in SU no app has root access

mobile security shows clean green status, it is active and two times it detected kongfu worm which has been installed without my privilege, other unwanted apps are detected as clean, i have real-time internet connection through EDGE.

i must note that norton security and kaspesky lite didn't detected any virus,too.

today another app have been installed, showing a Chinese notification with mail icon, the app was named as amazon service in application management.

i used appmonester to backup all my installed apps and scanned them with different updated AV's on different PCs including F-secure AV, but they didn't detect anything.

• I've uninstalled most of my apps but today another unknown app have been installed on my device which i had attached here.

i guess that there is an ad-ware embedded in my ROM, my ROM is official and installed with Sony update service software but i guess that it is modified later after installation and rooting.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=4E032...ANMrb2Ie5AJQYic

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

On your mobile device, do you have the option to install applications from unknown sources checked?

If so, can you unckeck it and test one more time?

Thank you!

• Hello :)

On your mobile device, do you have the option to install applications from unknown sources checked?

If so, can you unckeck it and test one more time?

Thank you!

it is always checked on, but once i unchecked that option but new unwanted applications were added,

i flashed the phone

• zeus.bd
    zeus.bd ✭✭✭

Hope flashing the phone helped.

Thank you for the sample you sent us. It has been marked as adware and will be detected as such.

Best regards,

Daniel.

• Hope flashing the phone helped.

Thank you for the sample you sent us. It has been marked as adware and will be detected as such.

Best regards,

Daniel.

never mind!

if i knew that this samples help you i would upload more of them for you.

• https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=4E032...AOfAQo_SWh81dC8

this is another unwanted application which i backed up earlier

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

I have sent the application to the labs and detection will be added if needed.

Thank you!