Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safepay Browser Does Not Work If The Log In Screen Is A Pop Up

Options

Hi,

1. I am having similar problems as are others & and it seems to be when Safepay is set to auto for banking. If the banks log in page opens on a new tab on the Safepay browser there is no problem & then it works perfectly but if some sites use a pop up then it stays on FF or IE browser with the “Bitdefender Safepay – Log in Banner” behind the greyed desktop background with no option to use the virtual key board as it does not go through the the safepay browser & server. The only way to get rid of the log in banner is to reboot the PC. (There is no response from task manager)

2. I have also opened Safepay and created bookmarks for both of my banks and as before one works fine but when I click log in on the other it does not open the log in page as it is a pop up not a new tab.

It appears that the pop ups are in the too hard basket for the safepay browser so I have had to disable auto safepay as the option for “do not use safepay” for the individual site (www.nab.com.au) doesn’t work.

Comments

• I'm having the same problem while attempting to access the bank account in www.bancolombia.com.co.

I't appears that Safepay are not compatible with this kind of login pages at all, nor have a mechanism for activate that pop-ups windows.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    Hi,

1. I am having similar problems as are others & and it seems to be when Safepay is set to auto for banking. If the banks log in page opens on a new tab on the Safepay browser there is no problem & then it works perfectly but if some sites use a pop up then it stays on FF or IE browser with the “Bitdefender Safepay – Log in Banner” behind the greyed desktop background with no option to use the virtual key board as it does not go through the the safepay browser & server. The only way to get rid of the log in banner is to reboot the PC. (There is no response from task manager)

2. I have also opened Safepay and created bookmarks for both of my banks and as before one works fine but when I click log in on the other it does not open the log in page as it is a pop up not a new tab.

It appears that the pop ups are in the too hard basket for the safepay browser so I have had to disable auto safepay as the option for “do not use safepay” for the individual site (www.nab.com.au) doesn’t work.

www.nab.com.au issue has been fixed previous week (it was indeed a combination of factors, mainly the fact nab.com.au uses a ****** to detect "supported browsers" and Safepay wasn't recognized among them). The fix was tested and now the login page opens in a new tab of Safepay normally.

About popups: Safepay does not allow popups at all; if a site requests a popup, Safepay opens them in new tabs after verifications.

The verification is done on both the opener site and opening site; if either the opener or the popup domains are recognized as bank domains, then the popup is allowed to open, else won't. Probably a visual indicator would have been more helpful here (so user would learn why the popup won't open), but the main idea here is to do not clutter user with all sorts of windows, messages etc. but rather do one thing well. (Safepay is not intended to be an all-purpose browser, but rather is designed to be more secure and less intrusive regarding user interface - that type of tradeoff will always find someone that wants more details, that's for sure).

Regards,

Cristian

• I have tried both point 1 & 2 of my original post and nothing has changed - I still get locked up in in the safepay log in banner (Safepay is useless then on these sites) and when using the safepay browser it won't open the log in screen.

Is there a Bitdefender moderator around are you there "Christian"

www.nab.com.au issue has been fixed previous week (it was indeed a combination of factors, mainly the fact nab.com.au uses a ****** to detect "supported browsers" and Safepay wasn't recognized among them). The fix was tested and now the login page opens in a new tab of Safepay normally.

About popups: Safepay does not allow popups at all; if a site requests a popup, Safepay opens them in new tabs after verifications.

The verification is done on both the opener site and opening site; if either the opener or the popup domains are recognized as bank domains, then the popup is allowed to open, else won't. Probably a visual indicator would have been more helpful here (so user would learn why the popup won't open), but the main idea here is to do not clutter user with all sorts of windows, messages etc. but rather do one thing well. (Safepay is not intended to be an all-purpose browser, but rather is designed to be more secure and less intrusive regarding user interface - that type of tradeoff will always find someone that wants more details, that's for sure).

Regards,

Cristian

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    I have tried both point 1 & 2 of my original post and nothing has changed - I still get locked up in in the safepay log in banner (Safepay is useless then on these sites) and when using the safepay browser it won't open the log in screen.

Is there a Bitdefender moderator around are you there "Christian"

I don't think the fix was released. I think the update will be pushed next week.

Cristian