Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Lloyds Internet Banking Logon Problem

Options

Hi,

I'm running Bitdefender 2013 total security and had a problem with Logon to the Lloyds banking site. I have read many forums with people who had a similar problem, and yes it is partly to do with the new version of Bitdefender but not totally.

After uninstalling it many times and checking i could log in successfully to my on-line bank without Bitdefender, i finally re-installed Bitdefender 2013 and tried something different.

Most people running Windows 7 will have 2 types of internet explorer browser, 32 bit and 64 bit. I opened the 64 bit browser on my laptop and then managed to logon to Lloyds internet banking straight away, no problems.

If you are like me you probably only use your 32 bit version because many websites still don't support the 64 bit one. It's easy to forget!! i did.

Anyway i really hope this helps at least one person from the same pain and hassle i went through?

good luck !!

Johnny B :rolleyes:

Comments

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    Hi,

I'm running Bitdefender 2013 total security and had a problem with Logon to the Lloyds banking site. I have read many forums with people who had a similar problem, and yes it is partly to do with the new version of Bitdefender but not totally.

After uninstalling it many times and checking i could log in successfully to my on-line bank without Bitdefender, i finally re-installed Bitdefender 2013 and tried something different.

Most people running Windows 7 will have 2 types of internet explorer browser, 32 bit and 64 bit. I opened the 64 bit browser on my laptop and then managed to logon to Lloyds internet banking straight away, no problems.

If you are like me you probably only use your 32 bit version because many websites still don't support the 64 bit one. It's easy to forget!! i did.

Anyway i really hope this helps at least one person from the same pain and hassle i went through?

good luck !!

Johnny B :rolleyes:

Hello, Cristian Amarie here, Safepay lead developer.

Can you tell me how to reproduce this? Is enough just to go to Lloyd web page (http://www.lloydstsb.com/internet_banking.asp) and click on Log On?

(If there are custom steps to do, please describe me as detailed as possible).

Will open a ticket on development to investigate and fix this meanwhile.

Regards,

Cristian

• Hello, Cristian Amarie here, Safepay lead developer.

Can you tell me how to reproduce this? Is enough just to go to Lloyd web page (http://www.lloydstsb.com/internet_banking.asp) and click on Log On?

(If there are custom steps to do, please describe me as detailed as possible).

Will open a ticket on development to investigate and fix this meanwhile.

Regards,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

I didn't actually use safepay to log in with but I will try later. It is the Bitdefender software generally that is partly the problem.

The page that was not working when logging into Lloyds banking was the 'memorable word' page. You will not be able to test this unless you have an account with the bank!

The 64 bit browser can be found by clicking the start menu and selecting 64 bit internet explorer. Then just log in the normal way.

I'm not sure for other browsers but I guess it will be just as straight forward.

Let me know how you get on?

Regards

Johnny B

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    Hi Cristian,

I didn't actually use safepay to log in with but I will try later. It is the Bitdefender software generally that is partly the problem.

The page that was not working when logging into Lloyds banking was the 'memorable word' page. You will not be able to test this unless you have an account with the bank!

The 64 bit browser can be found by clicking the start menu and selecting 64 bit internet explorer. Then just log in the normal way.

I'm not sure for other browsers but I guess it will be just as straight forward.

Let me know how you get on?

Regards

Johnny B

I'm not sure if this has to do with Safepay, or with just IE 64-bit which encounters some problems while attempting log on to Lloyd's ?

Because if latter, I think you have more luck when posting in firewall/general questions.

By curiosity, why do you think it is Bitdefender software causing the problem? (Not that it can't be possible, sure).

Cristian

• I'm not sure if this has to do with Safepay, or with just IE 64-bit which encounters some problems while attempting log on to Lloyd's ?

Because if latter, I think you have more luck when posting in firewall/general questions.

By curiosity, why do you think it is Bitdefender software causing the problem? (Not that it can't be possible, sure).

Cristian

Cristian

I think you have missed the point a bit? My IE9 64 bit version works fine with Bitdefender installed when I try to log in to Lloyds banking. It's the standard 32 bit IE9 that doesn't!

When I was using BD 2012 it all worked fine. And when I uninstall BD 2013 it also works fine.(Please see my original post).

So I would probably put a lot of money on the fact that BD 2013 has some software bugs! No?

I posted the problem on Safepay part of the forum because that is where most of the people have posted similar problems. I'm not looking for help, I'm offering.

Kind Regards

Johnny B