Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cloud

Options

Does Bitdefender use cloud technology .Kaspersky and others use it for protection and reduce signature download and i am using Bitdefender and want to know if it does the same

Comments

• Does Bitdefender use cloud technology .Kaspersky and others use it for protection and reduce signature download and i am using Bitdefender and want to know if it does the same

I just happened to be on the forum and noticed your post. After doing some research; BD does have cloud protection for Endpoints in business soulutions. This was all I could find unless someone else has any information.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Bitdefender uses cloud scanning for web traffic.

All data filtered from the web is interrogated in cloud.

Take care.

• Hello :)

Bitdefender uses cloud scanning for web traffic.

All data filtered from the web is interrogated in cloud.

Take care.

That is concerning, not only for privacy reasons but security itself. I wonder how the data is collected and send for analysis, because what you just pointed out is that all web traffic is actually send to a third party, in this case BitDefender which im sure also again uses a third party vendor for their cloud service.

Cloud is all the rage and marketing gimmick today, but I would be careful on how its used.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

During the data exchange with the servers, no personal data is collected.

Basically we do not know if the user "X" visited the "Y" website.

Take care.

• rijam
    edited November 2012
    Options

ThanksChristian Some companies are making a big thing of this ,are Bitdefender behind them in this technology .They say its the only way to handle the huge volume of viruses ,if so will Bitdefender fall behind

• rootkit
    Options

For the offline protection, we do not rely on the cloud.

So, the product can function properly without the cloud components.

Thank you!