Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antivirus For Mac Question

Options

Hi. I have an external drive connected to my iMac at all times (for use with Time Machine). When I do a full system scan, will the external drive also be scanned? (assuming it was connected at the time I initiated the scan).

Secondly, how long should a scan take? I'm on 45MM files scanned, 30 hours and counting. I think this may have something to do with Time Machine.

IF the answer to my first question was yes, the full system scan does scan your external drive, then I'm assuming that what is making this full system scan take so long is the fact that my external hard drive has 1200GB of Time Machine back ups on it.

manny

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

That drive should also be scanned if you will connect it before starting the process.

Depending on the amount of data, the scan could take several hours. Most of those file backed on that drive are packed so the product will have to unpack them before scanning.

So please be patient.

Take care.