Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Wifi Problems

Options

Hello,

I just bought and installed the anti virus plus software and was disappointed to find that when it is installed my laptop can no longer detect our home wireless internet connection. We have a cabled internet connection and this problem only seems to occur when the software is installed, as when I uninstall the program the wifi works fine. Does anyone know if there's a solution to this? And if not, if there's anyway I can get my money back as I have now paid for a full year for a software I cannot use, which is somewhat frustrating.

Thanks,

Katelin

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hello ;)

Please make the following settings in the Firewall module and everything should be OK after the reboot:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35496

Thank you!

• I though AVG 13 doesn't come with a firewall? Or at least I can't find anything to do with a firewall on the bitdefender program! Pretty sure there's a little note on the user manual specifying firewall isn't available on antivirus plus.

thanks

• werby3
    edited November 2012
    Options

...I think, this topic is a little bit surrealistic... :wacko:

P S : There is no firewall in BDAVplus.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    ...I think, this topic is a little bit surrealistic... :wacko:

P S : There is no firewall in BDAVplus.

Yeah you are right, but I read somewhere from Christian posts that the firewall drivers are still present in the Antivirus also.

• just as an update, upon reinstallation to try the suggestions given the internet seems to be working. Given I reinstalled the program about three times before I'm not quite sure why its decided to work this time! But thanks anyway. And as a side note, the AV Plus program doesn't have a module for a firewall, hence the confusion on my part. But thanks everyone.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

A product update was released and it will be installed on your machine in maximum 24 hours. Your build should be 16.25.0.1710 (please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day!