Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved] Lineage 2 Exclude Non-executable Files

Options

Hi,

Is there any way to exclude non-exe files from "exclude processes". Ive tried normal way (browse) also by copy/paste the path to that file..but it was impossible.

So is there any other way to do this?

In case you going to ask for file...well it's gameguard.des from Lineage 2. If i can't add this file to exclusion processes then i can't run the game.

In version 2011 of bit defender i had no problems adding this file.

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

The situation with Lineage 2 was escalated to my colleagues from the Active Virus Control department and they will create a generic exclusion for that game.

Take care.

• i forgot to mention that ncsoft also updates nprotect software. also there are other games that has similar problems where you must add non-exe files to exclusions.

• Hello,

I am trying the BD 2013 suite after many years with competitors' solutions. My trial version of BD automatically deleted numerous files (the ones I know and intended to keep) immediately after installation, before I had any control over BD's actions; with other antivirus packages I had total user selectable control over the antivirus' actions on my files before any files were quarantined/deleted/etc.. Could you please give me instructions how to restore and protect my selected files in the future from removing by BD antivirus? I have already read the software manual and the initial moderator's posts in the related sections of BD 2013 antivirus forum, but I'd like to make sure that those recommendations will be sufficient for the future or there is anything else I should do to protect my files?

• columbo
    Options

Hi yul711, and welcome :)

What you are talking about has been one of the most viewed and requested features posted by ONT: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35631

Not knowing what you've read, I apologize if I'm repeating anything, but here goes :) Until the above request is implemented, you need to have BD Antivirus set to Move files to quarantine. This way they won't be deleted, and you can then turn off the On-access scanning, restore the file and add it to exclusions. Hope this helps :)

Exclusionsroute.jpg

Columbo

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

Actually in Bitdefender 2011, there was old version of AVC, while since 2012, the AVC version is updated probably 3. And by your statement it seems that the applications/games are excluded as you did, AVC still detect and their background services and processes etc. So Exclusions are nor fully excluded for AVC. I am not confirmed about the option to add the games to the "Games Whitelist" can fix this issue or not.

• Hi yul711, and welcome :)

What you are talking about has been one of the most viewed and requested features posted by ONT: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35631

Not knowing what you've read, I apologize if I'm repeating anything, but here goes :) Until the above request is implemented, you need to have BD Antivirus set to Move files to quarantine. This way they won't be deleted, and you can then turn off the On-access scanning, restore the file and add it to exclusions. Hope this helps :)

Exclusionsroute.jpg

Columbo

Thank you for prompt reply and very useful info. It looks to me that I was "lucky" to encounter this kind of "bug" on my very first run of the software. Could you please tell me if I can perform the described actions on a group of files at once and add them all to a scan exclusion list, or I have to do it individually for each file (it sounds tedious since files may be located in various drives/folders)? Is it possible that deleted files will to be visible and restorable?

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome, yul77 :)

As far as an easy way to add mass exclusions, I really don't know any. What I can suggest is what I mentioned in this post concerning a members desire to exclude multiple malware samples: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=134680

If enough of the files were of the same extension, you could also exclude them the way shown below:

As far as recovering those files, see if in Events/Antivirus/ if in the Subject, it is listed, you can then click on it, and in Event Details restore it: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=160612

Exclusionextensions.jpg

Hope this helps :)

Columbo

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

I think there is difference between "Whitelisting" and "Exclusions", which I ask here

What Is The Difference Between Whitelisting And Exclusions?.

My guess is that this type of situation can be fix by Whitelisting the game and not adding it to the Exclusions, as the subject poster already tried the Exclusion option, but AVC still detecting and blocking some background processes and services of the game.

• i asked how to add non-executable files to exclusions in active virus control.

that's the problem i have with bdis 2013 and 2012.

i'm guessing that's something nobody thought about when you changed the way you add files to exclusions.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    i asked how to add non-executable files to exclusions in active virus control.

that's the problem i have with bdis 2013 and 2012.

i'm guessing that's something nobody thought about when you changed the way you add files to exclusions.

Actually you didn't mention any detail of the error. You simply asking for adding non-executable files to Exclusions, so kindly tell us the details of the error you are facing and what did you do to fix it temporarily, any change in settings, any snapshot of the error etc.

As Christian told in his post that the possible cause is AVC, so try to disable AVC and IDS or change their level.

Columbo has given the exact way of adding any file (executables and non-executables) to the Exclusions. Since your problem is not resolved even after adding the files to Exclusions, so possible causes are

1) Excluding the items, is not completely excluding the processes/services associated with it which are detected/blocked by AVC.

2) Exclusions not functioning for AVC as desired.

3) There should be user manageable Whitelist for Games rather than to add them to Exclusions.

4) Excluded items are excluded for conventional scanning methods but not for Behavioral Scanning.

Kindly rectify me, if I am wrong.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Also Enable Game Mode.

• columbo
    Options
    You're welcome, yul77 :)

As far as recovering those files, see if in Events/Antivirus/ if in the Subject, it is listed, you can then click on it, and in Event Details restore it: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=160612

Hope this helps :)

Columbo

Here is the Pinned Topic on recovering Disinfected/Deleted files: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=38212

• Actually you didn't mention any detail of the error. You simply asking for adding non-executable files to Exclusions, so kindly tell us the details of the error you are facing and what did you do to fix it temporarily, any change in settings, any snapshot of the error etc.

As Christian told in his post that the possible cause is AVC, so try to disable AVC and IDS or change their level.

Columbo has given the exact way of adding any file (executables and non-executables) to the Exclusions. Since your problem is not resolved even after adding the files to Exclusions, so possible causes are

1) Excluding the items, is not completely excluding the processes/services associated with it which are detected/blocked by AVC.

2) Exclusions not functioning for AVC as desired.

3) There should be user manageable Whitelist for Games rather than to add them to Exclusions.

4) Excluded items are excluded for conventional scanning methods but not for Behavioral Scanning.

Kindly rectify me, if I am wrong.

actually i could not fix it.

there is no error with bit defender

the problem is that lineage reports an error regarding gameguard because bit defender wont let it run.

• Rampant
    Options

I've seen situations where if you start an application, they create temporary files that Bitdefender recognize as dangerous, can this cause?

• I've seen situations where if you start an application, they create temporary files that Bitdefender recognize as dangerous, can this cause?

no idea. but i doubt so cause that file is already there.

unfortunately i don't have bit defender 2013 anymore. its useless if i can't set it up the way i want/need it to be.

maybe that very useful feature will be back with bit defender 2014.

• columbo
    Options

Thanks Logan, for keeping up with your thread, and for trying our ideas.

• coolcool1227
    Options

If Rampant is right, then locate them and try to exclude that temp files also.

This discussion has been closed.