Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Using Safepay For On-line Banking

Options
edrichards
edited December 2012 in Safepay

Everytime I use Safepay to make on-line deposits Safepay will not allow JAVA. My bank requires JAVA for on-line deposits. I have to work around Safepay to get them in. I'm a really new Bitdefender Safepay user and I like what I've seen about it but, if I can't get it to work with my bank, I will have to remove my bank from Safepay. Would prefer not to do that(I think) right now. My bank is in Texas. I've been using it's on-line deposits for over a year now and it's worked great. Not so with Safepay. Anyone out there have any suggestions on how to make it work?

Comments

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    Everytime I use Safepay to make on-line deposits Safepay will not allow JAVA. My bank requires JAVA for on-line deposits. I have to work around Safepay to get them in. I'm a really new Bitdefender Safepay user and I like what I've seen about it but, if I can't get it to work with my bank, I will have to remove my bank from Safepay. Would prefer not to do that(I think) right now. My bank is in Texas. I've been using it's on-line deposits for over a year now and it's worked great. Not so with Safepay. Anyone out there have any suggestions on how to make it work?

Yes, Safepay does allow at this time only Flash as client plugin.

But there are requests to let also Java (user must opt-in for this) - we're trying to minimize the surface risk, but it seems there are a number of users which need Java.

The issue is already on my desk for implementation, I hope to be able to do it this week.

Regards,

Cristian

• Yes, Safepay does allow at this time only Flash as client plugin.

But there are requests to let also Java (user must opt-in for this) - we're trying to minimize the surface risk, but it seems there are a number of users which need Java.

The issue is already on my desk for implementation, I hope to be able to do it this week.

Regards,

Cristian

Thanks for the update. I appreciate it. My bank is well-established in on-line work and is very sensitive to security issues. I suspect they would not be using JAVA if it wasn't safe.

• camarie
    Options
    Thanks for the update. I appreciate it. My bank is well-established in on-line work and is very sensitive to security issues. I suspect they would not be using JAVA if it wasn't safe.

The implementation is in progress (to optionally allow Java plugin - it will be available as a new checkbox in Settings).

Remains to decide how we will allow a Java applet to run (we won't allow for sure rogue Java applets to run) - most likely if the domain where the applet is located is a clean *and* bank domain.

I hope to finish the implementation in the next days - only it will be probably available as an update after the new year.

Stay up to date; we will get back in forum announcing an approximate date for the update containing this fix.

Regards,

Cristian

• I thought it was working because I made it past the previous block. However; I tried to actually deposit a check and it would not work. I saw your update so I'll just keep waiting for the fix to allow JAVA with my bank. I'll keep checking here but, in the meantime, I don't use SAFEPAY for my deposits.

• camarie
    Options
    I thought it was working because I made it past the previous block. However; I tried to actually deposit a check and it would not work. I saw your update so I'll just keep waiting for the fix to allow JAVA with my bank. I'll keep checking here but, in the meantime, I don't use SAFEPAY for my deposits.

The implementation regarding client side (Safepay) is done, Java is allowed and loading into Safepay process.

However, there are some technical difficulties (and I mean difficulties...) regarding non-windowless plugins (like Flash).

The WebKit runtime we are using (libcef) is a lighter version and does not handle correctly the activation and/or loading.

I am hacking for 2-3 weeks now inside and I am still in the search for a solution (the problem is known and there is no solution from the runtime maintainers).

Until then, I cannot ship a version which will not work as desired - I will continue to look for a solution regarding this.

Will post back here as soon as I have news regarding this - either good or bad (let's hope good).

Regards,

Cristian

• Estou tendo o mesmo problema com o Safepay em relação ao Banco Caixa Econômica Federal, a maior instituição financeira estatal do Brasil. Ele não aceita o plugin java do Internet Banking. uso o Bitdefender Total Security 2014. Mas quando adquiri a licença ainda era o 2013. E o Internet Banking da Caixa Econômica Federal funcionava perfeitamente bem no SafePay. Agora não, por que? Sendo uma instituição de relevância nacional, da qual todos os brasileiros pelo menos uma vez na vida já precisaram de seus serviços, creio ser factível implementar esta solução no BitDefender para que possam continuar a ter clientes no Brasil.

• camarie
    Options
    Estou tendo o mesmo problema com o Safepay em relação ao Banco Caixa Econômica Federal, a maior instituição financeira estatal do Brasil. Ele não aceita o plugin java do Internet Banking. uso o Bitdefender Total Security 2014. Mas quando adquiri a licença ainda era o 2013. E o Internet Banking da Caixa Econômica Federal funcionava perfeitamente bem no SafePay. Agora não, por que? Sendo uma instituição de relevância nacional, da qual todos os brasileiros pelo menos uma vez na vida já precisaram de seus serviços, creio ser factível implementar esta solução no BitDefender para que possam continuar a ter clientes no Brasil.

Java support has been added in 2014 version of the product, as well as in Safepay standalone.

Cristian