Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firefox 17.01 & Latest Chrome Just Lockup With Bitdefender 2013 Antivirus/win 8 Pro X64

Options
DrHaze
edited December 2012 in Antivirus

Firefox 17.01 & Latest Chrome just Lockup with Bit defender 2013 Antivirus.

internet explorer is very fast and opera works but is slow loading images on some webpages fine.

go to www.amazon.com with firefox and it just hangs after loading most of the web page. the task manager shows no cpu.

chrome won't even pull up any web page. I really don't care so much about chrome. but Firefox and chrome should both work!!

Intel quad core 2.5 ghz

8 gigabytes of ram

windows 8 pro media center x64

Comments

• I restarted Firefox and it came up in safe mode, went to amazon and it locked up again.

• I restarted Firefox and it came up in safe mode, went to amazon and it locked up again.

Chrome or firefox doesn't hard lock the computer. they don't say not responding they just hang.

firefox opens some pages ok and chrome opens nothing.

You have to kill them in task manager every time.

:blink:

I Am also running Comodo 6 Firewall beta, and super antispyware.

I disabled the firewall and the super antispyware and Firefox still hangs on the first page every time and chrome cant load a single page. Then I just use task manger to end the processes which show no CPU usage, disk, or network activity. launch internet explorer or opera and I can surf fine.

• I Am also running Comodo 6 Firewall beta, and super antispyware.

I disabled the firewall and the super antispyware and Firefox still hangs on the first page every time and chrome cant load a single page. Then I just use task manger to end the processes which show no CPU usage, disk, or network activity. launch internet explorer or opera and I can surf fine.

Well it's definitely bit defender. I uninstalled bit defender. installed avast antivirus free and registered it and it works flawlessly.

But I uninstalled avast antivirus and reinstalled bit defender 2013AV so maybe someone can figure out this mess. I would rather run bit defender.

:rolleyes:

• Well it's definitely bit defender. I uninstalled bit defender. installed avast antivirus free and registered it and it works flawlessly.

But I uninstalled avast antivirus and reinstalled bit defender 2013AV so maybe someone can figure out this mess. I would rather run bit defender.

:rolleyes:

Progress!!I got chrome to work fine by adding it as an excluded process in Bitdefender.

Firefox doesn't work this but chrome does. Will update.... :rolleyes:

• Progress!!I got chrome to work fine by adding it as an excluded process in Bitdefender.

Firefox doesn't work this but chrome does. Will update.... :rolleyes:

The answer is the flash player plugin.

it's for windows 7 x64 firefox plugin latest version. but for some reason bitdefender does not like this.

I have a read a about a flash player for windows 8 but I am not sure whether it support s Firefox. watch the auto updates on flash you may lock up to. anyone has any tips or tricks to fixing this let me know.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

In order to be able to properly identify the causes for the reported situation and find a solution we will need to investigate a bit deeper.

Please follow the steps below and send us the result:

a ) Go to this page

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx and download the autoruns file.

b ) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c ) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d ) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e ) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then send me a PM with it.

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

We will analyze the information you sent and then reply with a possible solution in the shortest time.

Have a nice day.