Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

What Causes Autoscan To Start Up Again?

Options

Good day:

After reading thru the posts, it's my understand that once BD is installed, it may take a few days for Autoscan to complete for the first time. And the completion will be logged in the Events log.

When I first installed BD, the hard drive was VERY active mostly all the time. I let the PC set idle for hours and now the drive has settled down.

My question is: (Acutally, I'm not sure what the real question is but.....) What causes Autoscan to start again, or more specifically, what causes it to determine that it has completed?

If Autoscan is always running, how does it know it's completed?

Also (ok, I had more than one question) what is the threshold that either starts or stops Autoscan?

When you boot up the PC, where does Autoscan start it's scan? From the beginning or the last file it scanned when shut down?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options

Hello :)

The Auto Scan runs when there are resources available, not only in Idle.

After each reboot, it will continue the scan from the last file, not from the beginning.

The threshold is different from system to system and is determined after the hardware configuration is inspected.

The product stores in a small database all the files from the HDD and adds there all the new files (or those modified). In this way, it won't miss any files.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.