Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

On-line Financial Entries

Options

Beginning to use Safepay and the virtual keyboard regularly and, so far, I really like it. However; I've run into another minor, at least I think it is, issue. I use Safepay virtual keyboard for all my USAA banking entries. Works just fine with their security entries. When I use Safepay virtual keyboard with my Discover account, I can enter only my User Id. When I try to use it to enter my password, there is no entry and I have to use my computer keyboard for the actual password entry. Don't know if this is a Safepay issue or a Discover security issue. More of a puzzlement than a problem. Just thought I would mention it and see if others have this with their password entries. Thanks for everyone's help.

Comments

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    Beginning to use Safepay and the virtual keyboard regularly and, so far, I really like it. However; I've run into another minor, at least I think it is, issue. I use Safepay virtual keyboard for all my USAA banking entries. Works just fine with their security entries. When I use Safepay virtual keyboard with my Discover account, I can enter only my User Id. When I try to use it to enter my password, there is no entry and I have to use my computer keyboard for the actual password entry. Don't know if this is a Safepay issue or a Discover security issue. More of a puzzlement than a problem. Just thought I would mention it and see if others have this with their password entries. Thanks for everyone's help.

Can you tell me which is the url where you encounter this problem?

As soon as you will post it here, I will ask one of our QA engineers to try to reproduce (you may have hit a bug and/or edge case, I won't dismiss this) and then I will debug myself the issue.

Thanks for signaling this issue to us.

Regards,

Cristian Amarie

• Hello,

Looking at https://www.discover.com/ HTML source code, I see that they actually have two fields for entering the password. One is hidden and the other one read only. Our development team will look into that.

We will let you know as soon as the investigation is over.

Kind regards,

Andrei Burdun

• edrichards
    edited December 2012
    Options

Thanks for the update. FYI. After entering the User ID I tab down to the next entry field which already has the word 'Password' in it. When I try to type in my password, using the virtual keyboard, it immeditely ignores my entry and reinsert the word 'Password' back into the field. Don't know if that's the Read Only or Hidden fields to which you refer but...bottom line is I can't use the Virtual Keyboard to enter my password.

• Thanks for the update. FYI. After entering the User ID I tab down to the next entry field which already has the word 'Password' in it. When I try to type in my password, using the virtual keyboard, it immeditely ignores my entry and reinsert the word 'Password' back into the field. Don't know if that's the Read Only or Hidden fields to which you refer but...bottom line is I can't use the Virtual Keyboard to enter my password.

A little more information. When I use my computer keyboard TAB key to get to the password entry field and then enter the first character of my password using the computer keyboard, I decided to experiment and try using the virtual keyboard again. The virtual keyboard will work for the remaining password character entries. Apparently Safepay is blocking just the first character if you use the virtual keyboard. Interesting!