Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Anti-phishing Does Not Work With Firefox 17.0.1 And Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Options

Hi

There is a issue with Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and Firefox 17.0.1 with Anti Phishing for Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac.

My support requests to Bitdefender have so far gone unanswered with tech chat passing this off to email support.

Is there a solution. It seems that extensions are added to Safari 6.0.2 but when you load Bitdefender I get "Antiphishing status is DISABLED" When I click on "Fix This Issue" button I am told "Firefox must be restarted to apply the Antiphising changes"

I do this and click on "Fix This Issue" and firefox starts up. A Red and white B appears in the toolbar but unlike Safari where it heads off to the bit defender website on Firefox it does nothing.

I have check in Firefox Preferences under the General Tab and then under "Manage Add-ons…" and find that no Extensions are installed.

Has anyone come across this problem before, and is there a solution to this issue?

Comments

• Georgia
    Options

Hello JustinS,

Please let me know if you managed to solve the issue you first submitted. Do you need further assistance?

Thank you! :)

• Hello Support-Team,

I have exactly the same problem, running Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac on Mountain Lion 10.8.3 with both Safari and Firefox (20.0.1) installed.

The Anti-Phishing extension seems to work in Safari, but is disabled in Firefox and can't be enabled no matter what, resulting in the previously described error message in the Bitdefender app.

I saw that the problem is not new, but has already occurred a year ago with the 2012 version of Bitdefender. This issue does therefore not seem to be new. Why can't it be solved?

If there is a solution, it would be great if the Support-team could post a step-by-step instruction here.

Thanks and cheers,

Stefan