Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do I Keep Bitdefender From Deleting Files?

Options

One of the things I like about Avira is that it will always alert me when a suspicious file is found and let me choose whether to ignore it or delete it. I've read that Bitdefender will delete suspicious files without asking.

I found the topic in a discussion in the Bitdefender forum: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=27137

At the time, Daniel M. (DanyDan) said that giving users the opportunity to make the decision (about whether to delete or not) was being taken into consideration for Bitdefender 2012. Has this change been implemented?

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

since 2012 version, Bitdefender is totally becomes a silent security and fully automated protection product. What you are suggesting is not available at the moment but is suggested here also

Separate Notification/pop-up Settings For All Modules

and

[escalated] Prompt For Action

• columbo
    Options

For now, until the feature requests that ONT linked too are implemented, go to Antivirus/Settings/On-Access scanning/Modify/Actions, and select Move files to quarantine.

This for the time being, will allow you to save the file and add it to exclusions, hopefully then being able to restore it without any future problems.

Yes, it will be a happy day when the excellent requests submitted by ONT are are finally realized.

• Thank you for the responses. I'm not a big fan of dumbed-down software. I almost bought Bitdefender's security packages for the whole household (2 years). I ran across an article describing the dumbed-down interface. That article just saved me $220.

I hope the Bitdefender folks provide an expert mode for experienced users at some point in the future.