Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safepay Activation With Internet Explorer

Options

New issue with my Safepay. Today(for the first time) when I signed on to Internet Explorer I got a Safepay screen for H&R Block advertisement. I tried to block the HR URL. Still got through. Even added HR Block to my bookmarks and checked the Don't Use Safepay button. Still showed up. Major irritant. Apparently everytime I access a screen (e-mail, IE, etc) I get the Safepay screen on HR Block which requires my 'Xing out' to go on to where I want to go. Something about on-line pay, etc. How do I block unwanted advertisements from forcing Safepay to activate?

Comments

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    New issue with my Safepay. Today(for the first time) when I signed on to Internet Explorer I got a Safepay screen for H&R Block advertisement. I tried to block the HR URL. Still got through. Even added HR Block to my bookmarks and checked the Don't Use Safepay button. Still showed up. Major irritant. Apparently everytime I access a screen (e-mail, IE, etc) I get the Safepay screen on HR Block which requires my 'Xing out' to go on to where I want to go. Something about on-line pay, etc. How do I block unwanted advertisements from forcing Safepay to activate?

I'm not sure I know what is H&R Block advertisement. Can you post here the URL (a full screen picture would be perfect) ?

It could be a subframe or document which points to a valid domain and that one could be the trigger for the Safepay alert, I cannot be sure.

Regards,

Cristian

• i got the same issue ... ran superantispyware with internet disconnected, and it still poped up. when i see it again, i will SS it and post it on here. the URL is kina long.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    i got the same issue ... ran superantispyware with internet disconnected, and it still poped up. when i see it again, i will SS it and post it on here. the URL is kina long.

Please do - that only can help us understand the entire context.

Thanks,

Cristian

• http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/if...744dc6/click.ic?

The above entry is my cut/paste URL which keeps popping up and messing with me almost everytime I get on-line. It's what was causing my original problem when I started this query. As I said in my original description, I've tried everything I know to do with Safepay to block this hrblock advertisement. Nothing seems to work. FYI...H&R Block is a company which prepares US Tax Returns. This month is the beginning of US citizens to file their income tax returns. Hope this will help solve my problem.

• Nesivos
    Options

http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/if...744dc6/click.ic?

The above entry is my cut/paste URL which keeps popping up and messing with me almost everytime I get on-line. It's what was causing my original problem when I started this query. As I said in my original description, I've tried everything I know to do with Safepay to block this hrblock advertisement. Nothing seems to work. FYI...H&R Block is a company which prepares US Tax Returns. This month is the beginning of US citizens to file their income tax returns. Hope this will help solve my problem.

I clicked on the link and got the same advertisment but nothing else. I then typed in bankofamerica dot com and their main webpage came up with no advertisement.

I then "Binged" H&R Block in Firefox and clicked on the Bing link. Safepay opened at the H&R Block website without any advertisements. I closed Safepay and the Firefox tab I was now at in Firefox that was showing was the exact same one as I was at in Safepay. The H&R Block main webpage is HTTP without the "S"

When I Binged BankofAmerica in Firefox and clicked on the link which is HTTPS Firefox takes me directly to the Bank of America website without going into Safepay.

The only time I got the advertisement is when I cliced on your link. Just a guesss by if you are using IE than IE may not be blocking advertisements. A lot of people prefer to see advertisements. I use Firefox and I block most of them. So maybe because IE is not blocking the advertisment Safepay also does not block it. I never saw the advertisment in Safepay when I I clicked on the link in Firefox and it took me to the H&R Block website in Safepay.

Hope what I posted makes sense.

• @Mr Ed - In order to further investigate, please tell us what URL you are navigating to before the Safepay alert to pop-up and suggest to use Safepay.

That url probably has a subframe or document that points to hrblock.com which is flagged as bank/payment webpage in our cloud database.

You could also try the following:

> Open Safepay and add webmedia.hrblock.com to Bookmarks

> Go to Safepay Settings and make sure that the general behavior is set to Ask me every time (the second radio button)

> Search for webmedia.hrblock.com under the list of domains and set its option to Do not use Safepay

Best regards,

Andrei Burdun

QA Engineer

• I clicked on the link and got the same advertisment but nothing else. I then typed in bankofamerica dot com and their main webpage came up with no advertisement.

I then "Binged" H&R Block in Firefox and clicked on the Bing link. Safepay opened at the H&R Block website without any advertisements. I closed Safepay and the Firefox tab I was now at in Firefox that was showing was the exact same one as I was at in Safepay. The H&R Block main webpage is HTTP without the "S"

When I Binged BankofAmerica in Firefox and clicked on the link which is HTTPS Firefox takes me directly to the Bank of America website without going into Safepay.

The only time I got the advertisement is when I cliced on your link. Just a guesss by if you are using IE than IE may not be blocking advertisements. A lot of people prefer to see advertisements. I use Firefox and I block most of them. So maybe because IE is not blocking the advertisment Safepay also does not block it. I never saw the advertisment in Safepay when I I clicked on the link in Firefox and it took me to the H&R Block website in Safepay.

Hope what I posted makes sense.

• the following is the URL i am getting. i use google chrome as my internet browser. and i generally get this when i get on wowhead.com.

http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/if...5EUaRWMfrA1LTo/

• Unknown
    edited January 2013
    Options
    the following is the URL i am getting. i use google chrome as my internet browser. and i generally get this when i get on wowhead.com.

http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/if...5EUaRWMfrA1LTo/

Hello,

wowhead.com has a subframe or document that points to webmedia.hrblock.com which is flagged as bank/payment webpage in our cloud database.

Please do the following:

> Open Safepay and add webmedia.hrblock.com to Bookmarks

> Go to Safepay Settings and make sure that the general behavior is set to Ask me every time (the second radio button)

> Search for webmedia.hrblock.com under the list of domains and set its option to Do not use Safepay

That will stop Safepay notifying you whenever a website is displaying advertising banners from hrblock.com.

Best regards!

Andrei Burdun

• I did what you asked and IT WORKED! I've had some HRBlock stuff show up but it did not mess up my computer like before.

Thank you for your assistance! :rolleyes: