Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Wish To Remove Safepay

Options

New topBitDefender 2013. A popup in lower right corner came up about "SafePay". I accidentallly clicked on (Ihink) "Remember". I now get a black frame SafePay interruption on every action I make on my Earthlink email website. It says BitDefender Safepay is presenting an

"HTTP STATUS 503

Type Status:

Description; The requested Service () is not available.

Apache Tomcat/4.1.24

This is completely unrelated to anythhing I know and is a terrible annoyance. How can I remove SafePay and this interference. I have no need for SafePay services.

Comments

• Hello,

By clicking Remember on the Safepay popup you set-up Safepay to auto open every time you navigate to that url. You can undo this option by going to Safepay Settings and removing that domain from the list.

To get to Safepay Settings, follow this path: Start → All Programs → Bitdefender 2013 → Bitdefender Safepay or, quicker, double-click the Bitdefender Safepay shortcut on your desktop. Once Safepay has opened, press the Settings button located on the upper right corner.

You can now customize Safepay as needed:

1. General Bitdefender Safepay behavior

Choose what will happen when you access an online shop or Internet banking site in your regular web browser:

- Automatically open in Bitdefender Safepay.

- Have Bitdefender prompt you for action each time.

- Never use Bitdefender Safepay for pages visited in a regular browser.

2. Domains list

Choose how Bitdefender Safepay will behave when you visit websites from specific domains in your regular web browser by adding them to the domains list and selecting the behavior for each one:

- Never use Bitdefender Safepay when visiting a page from the domain in a regular browser.

As for the error code you got, as its description is saying, the web server was unavailable at that moment (because it was overloaded or down for maintenance). Generally, this is a temporary state. You should now be able to access the website in both normal browsers and Safepay.

Kind regards!

Andrei Burdun

QA Engineer

• ejp
    ejp
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hello,

By clicking Remember on the Safepay popup you set-up Safepay to auto open every time you navigate to that url. You can undo this option by going to Safepay Settings and removing that domain from the list.

To get to Safepay Settings, follow this path: Start → All Programs → Bitdefender 2013 → Bitdefender Safepay or, quicker, double-click the Bitdefender Safepay shortcut on your desktop. Once Safepay has opened, press the Settings button located on the upper right corner.

You can now customize Safepay as needed:

1. General Bitdefender Safepay behavior

Choose what will happen when you access an online shop or Internet banking site in your regular web browser:

- Never use Bitdefender Safepay for pages visited in a regular browser.

2. Domains list

Choose how Bitdefender Safepay will behave when you visit websites from specific domains in your regular web browser by adding them to the domains list and selecting the behavior for each one:

- Never use Bitdefender Safepay when visiting a page from the domain in a regular browser.

As for the error code you got, as its description is saying, the web server was unavailable at that moment (because it was overloaded or down for maintenance). Generally, this is a temporary state. You should now be able to access the website in both normal browsers and Safepay.

Kind regards!

Andrei Burdun

QA Engineer

I have "do not use Safepay" checked in set-up as shown above in red and still get the Safepay box in lower right of screen every few minutes. How do you turn it off for good?

• I have "do not use Safepay" checked in set-up as shown above in red and still get the Safepay box in lower right of screen every few minutes. How do you turn it off for good?

The title of this thread is "Wish To Remove Safepay." I don't see that it has been answered within the comments below. I want to Remove Safepay and cannot figure out how to make it happen in my new 2013 Internet Security download. So if anyone knows the answer and would post it, I'd be most grateful. Thanks.

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    The title of this thread is "Wish To Remove Safepay." I don't see that it has been answered within the comments below. I want to Remove Safepay and cannot figure out how to make it happen in my new 2013 Internet Security download. So if anyone knows the answer and would post it, I'd be most grateful. Thanks.

My colleague Andrei replied with the description on how one can customize this functionality.

To summarize, one can set Do not ... on the main options in Safepay settings and that's it.

If the question was asked in the sense of uninstalling, then this is not possible.

Safepay bundled in a suite does not have a separate uninstaller - it is part of another installation program (being AV, TS, or IS).

Cristian

• I wish to remove safepay also but I no have the SAFEPAY icon or the circular BD

icon on my desktop. And BD does not appear in my 'Start' button list of programs

(I'm on Win 8 desktop).

Now how do I clear the Safepay url list, and have it stop asking me about it?

eatc7402

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    I wish to remove safepay also but I no have the SAFEPAY icon or the circular BD

icon on my desktop. And BD does not appear in my 'Start' button list of programs

(I'm on Win 8 desktop).

Now how do I clear the Safepay url list, and have it stop asking me about it?

eatc7402

If for some reason you cannot launch Safepay (shortcut damaged or missing), then you can read this thread which describes the solution:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=48999

You can either directly launch obk.exe, or create a shortcut on your desktop for convenience.

Cristian