Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do You Turn Off The Link Checker..?!

Options

How do you turn off the link checker, or whatever it's called, as it's slowing down browsing on my PC..?!

Comments

• mlauzon
    edited January 2013
    Options

Since no one wants to give me an answer, **** bitdefender & #### you all! UNINSTALLED!

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hi mlauzon :) sorry to see you uninstalled BD.

It can sometimes take more than an hour for someone here to respond. If you want to give it another try, to disable the Search Advisor (Link Scanner) go to Settings/Privacy Control/ and disable Search Advisor:

Turnofflinkscanner.jpg

Search Advisor On, and Off:

BDLinkon2.jpgBDlinkoff.jpg

Even though it may slow your web browsing down slightly, it is part of the excellent overall browsing security that Bitdefender is known for:

BDantiphishing-1.jpg

Maybe give it another try?

Kind regards,

Columbo

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options

Hello,

@ columbo: Let me thank you for your wonderful tutorial and for pointing out the Bitdefender achievement. :)

@ mlauzon: Sorry to hear about not being able to find the answer in a timely way. Having the Search advisor feature turned ON shouldn't cause such a major browsing slowdown. Could you confirm that there were no other security solutions / http scan applications installed on the same PC?

For you and for all our customers who need to find a quick information about a specific Bitdefender feature and how to turn it ON/OFF: you can access 'Help & Support' - from the lower right corner of the Bitdefender product installed on your PC. Click 'Bitdefender Help' and use the search bar to search for the module you are interested in.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions and have a great weekend!