Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Safe Is Safepay

Options

Something happened today which I find a little disconcerting. I was downloading an Nvidia update and when I checked my downloads folder to see if it was there I noticed another subfolder marked Safepay. I don't remember ever seeing that folder before and upon opening it I found two PDF documents containing some sensitive banking information. That information has only been accessed thru the Safepay browser which required going thru all the banks security hoops. How in the world did that information get from inside the safepay browser into that download folder for all the world to see. I hope that this subforum is still being closely monitored because ,as I say, I find this situation somewhat troubling. I tried phone support but that was an exercise in futility. I would greatly appreciate any help the Safepay Techs can provide. Thanks.

Comments

• Something happened today which I find a little disconcerting. I was downloading an Nvidia update and when I checked my downloads folder to see if it was there I noticed another subfolder marked Safepay. I don't remember ever seeing that folder before and upon opening it I found two PDF documents containing some sensitive banking information. That information has only been accessed thru the Safepay browser which required going thru all the banks security hoops. How in the world did that information get from inside the safepay browser into that download folder for all the world to see. I hope that this subforum is still being closely monitored because ,as I say, I find this situation somewhat troubling. I tried phone support but that was an exercise in futility. I would greatly appreciate any help the Safepay Techs can provide. Thanks.

Hello,

Bitdefender Safepay is the folder where your files downloaded via Safepay will be saved. You have probably clicked a link on your banking site which consisted in a pdf file. Safepay blocks all plugins/addins except Flash Player. This is why, when you click a link that points to PDF files, Safepay will not display the content, but download the file to the Bitdefender Safepay folder. Also, when a file has been downloaded, Safepay displays an alert informing where the file has been saved.

At the beginning, Safepay did not allow file downloading, but, as users requested it, the feature has been enabled.

Best regards!

Andrei Burdun

• columbo
    columbo
    edited January 2013
    Options

Thanks for this thread, ozziebear, as I don't use Safepay very often and did not know that this had been implemented.

Now that I know about it, I like it, and may use Safepay more often, as this is a nice feature to have.

Thanks Bitdefender team, Andrei :)

Safepay2.jpg

• ozziebear
    Options
    Hello,

Bitdefender Safepay is the folder where your files downloaded via Safepay will be saved. You have probably clicked a link on your banking site which consisted in a pdf file. Safepay blocks all plugins/addins except Flash Player. This is why, when you click a link that points to PDF files, Safepay will not display the content, but download the file to the Bitdefender Safepay folder. Also, when a file has been downloaded, Safepay displays an alert informing where the file has been saved.

At the beginning, Safepay did not allow file downloading, but, as users requested it, the feature has been enabled.

Best regards!

Andrei Burdun

Hi Andrei... Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate that. I see now how this download feature works. After some searching I have been able to reproduce that download complete with the popup. I agree with Columbo..it's a nice feature. The only strange thing is that I have never accessed those PDF documents before today. I am sure of this. I have never before today seen that popup so I still have no idea how those two documents ended up in that Safepay folder. No one else has access to the computer so this still remains a mystery. If you have any ideas I would be glad to hear them otherwise I will just have to monitor things and see if it happens again. Thanks again for the quick reply.

• ozziebear
    Options
    Thanks for this thread, ozziebear, as I don't use Safepay very often and did not know that this had been implemented.

Now that I know about it, I like it, and may use Safepay more often, as this is a nice feature to have.

Thanks Bitdefender team, Andrei :)

Safepay2.jpg

Columbo...just curious why you don't use safepay very often. Cute ladies in the bank perhaps?

• Hi Andrei... Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate that. I see now how this download feature works. After some searching I have been able to reproduce that download complete with the popup. I agree with Columbo..it's a nice feature. The only strange thing is that I have never accessed those PDF documents before today. I am sure of this. I have never before today seen that popup so I still have no idea how those two documents ended up in that Safepay folder. No one else has access to the computer so this still remains a mystery. If you have any ideas I would be glad to hear them otherwise I will just have to monitor things and see if it happens again. Thanks again for the quick reply.

Hi ozziebear,

I don't have in mind a scenario where files are downloaded by Safepay itself. If you are 100% sure you have never accessed those PDFs, please keep an eye open and, if this reoccurs, let us know.

Best regards!

Andrei Burdun

• ozziebear
    Options
    Hi ozziebear,

I don't have in mind a scenario where files are downloaded by Safepay itself. If you are 100% sure you have never accessed those PDFs, please keep an eye open and, if this reoccurs, let us know.

Best regards!

Andrei Burdun

OK Andrei I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks.

• columbo
    Options
    Columbo...just curious why you don't use safepay very often. Cute ladies in the bank perhaps?

lol, good one, that did bring a chuckle to me on and off all day yesterday, being a single guy and all. Perhaps I should go in more often :D

I really hadn't used it for awhile as I couldn't get it to print, and up until recently, Safepay would not make a secure hot spot connection, so I just used the very capable "trafficlight" version in our normal browsers. It seems that their getting some of the bugs worked out, and improving the features, so I will be using it more often.