Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

90 Day Trial Total Security 2013 Safepay Doesn't Work

Options

Yes,

Bitdefender is offering/advertising a 90 Day trial of Total Security 2013. However, It has been determined that the Safe Pay does not work in that version if you install into a Windows 7 64-Bit Operating System.

I spent many long aggravating hours uninstalling, cleaning, reinstalling and doing a bunch of techy things until I finally found a forum post that gave me instructions for uninstalling, rebooting, running a special uninstall program, rebooting and then downloading a FULL blown version of Total Security 2013

. But it only gets you 30 Day trial.

So it appears that the 90 Day trial of BitDefender 2013 download works fine except for the SafePay.

See other post under the "No SafePay After Installation" title for a way to get it to work as a 30 Day Trial.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Yes,

Bitdefender is offering/advertising a 90 Day trial of Total Security 2013. However, It has been determined that the Safe Pay does not work in that version if you install into a Windows 7 64-Bit Operating System.

I spent many long aggravating hours uninstalling, cleaning, reinstalling and doing a bunch of techy things until I finally found a forum post that gave me instructions for uninstalling, rebooting, running a special uninstall program, rebooting and then downloading a FULL blown version of Total Security 2013

. But it only gets you 30 Day trial.

So it appears that the 90 Day trial of BitDefender 2013 download works fine except for the SafePay.

See other post under the "No SafePay After Installation" title for a way to get it to work as a 30 Day Trial.

Hello,

After looking at your previous posts, I see that the issue was the lack of Safepay shortcut icon on your desktop and not that Safepay does not actually work.

Until my colleagues will analyze the shortcut creation icon, please manually create your desktop shortcut by following the bellow steps:

- if your OS is 64-bits, go to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013\antispam32 (adjust the path in case you have not installed it in the default location)

- if your OS is 32-bits, go to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013 (adjust the path in case you have not installed it in the default location)

- search for obk.exe, right click on it and press Copy from the contextual menu

- right click on your desktop and press Paste shortcut from the contextual menu

Now, the shortcut to Safepay should be on your desktop.

Kind regards!

Andrei Burdun

• Hello,

After looking at your previous posts, I see that the issue was the lack of Safepay shortcut icon on your desktop and not that Safepay does not actually work.

Until my colleagues will analyze the shortcut creation icon, please manually create your desktop shortcut by following the bellow steps:

- if your OS is 64-bits, go to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013\antispam32 (adjust the path in case you have not installed it in the default location)

- if your OS is 32-bits, go to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013 (adjust the path in case you have not installed it in the default location)

- search for obk.exe, right click on it and press Copy from the contextual menu

- right click on your desktop and press Paste shortcut from the contextual menu

Now, the shortcut to Safepay should be on your desktop.

Kind regards!

Andrei Burdun

OK. So what you are telling me (now that I have it working fine with a 30 day trial) is that I can uninstall the version I am running and re-install the 90 day trail version but create a shortcut to get safe pay working. I am going to try that because I really need the 90 day trial.

Thanks,

And I'll let you know the outcome.

• Ah yes, creating the shortcut does work and I have the 90 day trial again..

Thank you so much. It's nice to have such great support!

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

I am glad to hear this. Since the issue is now resolved, I declare this topic closed.

If you need further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.