Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Popup Asking Us To "activate Your Product"

Options

Hi.

We have Vista Ultimate and Bitdefender Total Security 2013

I have just received a popup asking me to activate our BD Total Security 2013.

If anyone is curious I have attached an image of the popup.

I am a little confused, we activated our product almost 9 months ago.

So, whats going on, is this popup a BD error or something more sinister.

Regards.

post-103803-1362120564_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Oops, I see my question has been moved here, it appears I originally posted it in the wrong area.

Perhaps I have missed something ridiculously obvious or is it conceivable that my question so silly it doesn’t warrant an answer? Ironically the question does have sufficient importance so as to motivate an unknown person to read it and then move it to a different forum page.

Since my question was either unclear and/or perceived as being unimportant, I will attempt to clarify my concern by reframing the inquiry as a series of WHY questions.

1) Why, after more than nine months using our activated BD Total Security, are we now getting a BD popup asking us to activate our product, i.e. why now?

2) Why is the BD popup occurring when we have an established "My Bitdefender" account.

3) Why are we now enduring the BD popups when, on several occasions we have logged into “My Bitdefender”? I.e. Obviously our “My Bitdefender” account is operational.

Simply, why has the BD popup started appearing when (as far as I can ascertain) there is no reason for it to do so. Have I missed something, is this popup a BD error or is it something more sinister?

And why is it still happening?

Also, we are now occasionally seeing another popup (see latest attachment) telling us BD cant log in because of no internet connection. Since we weren't attempting to log into any BD functions we are left guessing and we are again left wondering: Does anyone know why BD is attempting to automatically log in (in or even what it is attempting to log into) it is a shame the popup doesn't state what aspect of BD is attempting an auto-login.

post-103803-1362546916_thumb.jpg

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

You must link your computer to MyBitdefender by logging in to an account (e-mail) from Bitdefender Total Security 2013.

Please login to your existing MyBitdefender account or create a new one by clicking on MyBitdefender (upper right corner of the product) > Account settings.

More information on how to register MyBitdefender is available in this article:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-...fender-923.html

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Thank you :)

• Hi Georgia, thanks for the reply.

It appears I mistook the popup asking us to activate our product to be an incorrect request for us to repeat the BD 2013 TS activation process, I didn't realise I was being asked to activate some sort of mobile tracking function.

I do wonder why the various BD popups don't all state what operation they are associated with.

However, I went through the process and it looks like our persistent popup problem is solved... so now I think we can rest assured in the knowledge that should it become lost, we can track our desktop pc.

Regards

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello fredsone,

Thank you for clearing that out. :)

The best way to know if you can track the PC is to actually test this feature. For more information please read:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-do-...Theft-1096.html

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/What-ca...tolen-1004.html

I am here for you should you require further assistance.