Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 And Windows 8 Security Question?

Options

Hi I have licences for Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 ,I also have windows 8 ,can I switch to Bitdefender Windows 8 Security and have my licenses be valid or forwarded to Windows 8 security? Thks

Comments

• werby3
    edited March 2013
    Options

Hello villageidiot55,

BDIS 2013 and BD Win 8 Security use the same license. Thus, you can uninstall BDIS 2013 and install BD Win 8 (which is better for your system).

You have to be very careful on uninstallation of BDIS 2013.

Go to this page, download and run the proper tool.

Then use CCleaner (it's free) on Registry mode to clean Registry.

Restart and install (better w/o internet connection) BD Win 8, downloading it from this page.

Regards

• Hi Werby3 Thanks for the reply ,I appreciate it.Good to know that the 2 programs work together. I'll go through the steps you said and see how it goes.Thks again

• Hi I did the changeover to Windows 8 Security from my Internet security ,just a few things I am concerned about. Just after I installed Security 8 it left me with 30 days,I had to go into my account and put in the key manually to get my days left that were correct.Is that ok ,or was the program suppose to update or take my correct days automatically? Thks

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

The key should be manually registered in the product installed on your Windows 8 PC.

Please tell me the remaining days left on the product interface. If you still see 30 days left (or less), click on that link and check if the license key is the same as the one you already registered. Also check the information next to 'Type': does it say 'full license' or 'trial' ?

• Thanks for reply ,it has 300 and some days and says full license,

but if I go to my account I see the windows 8 security I just installed has 30 days in it and my key for Internet security 2013 has those 300 and some days on it,is that normal? Thks

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

As long as the Bitdefender product installed on your PC displays the correct remaining days, you have nothing to worry about. Since your key was generated for Bitdefender Internet Security 2013, this is the license key that appears in MyBitdefender with full validity. Yes, it can be used to activate other Bitdefender Internet Security versions(2012, 2011) and Windows 8 Security, but those products will be displayed only as trial versions in MyBitdefender.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

• Thanks for the help

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

You're welcome, I'm glad I could help you. :)

If you need anything else, please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.