Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I Dont Want An Account!

Options

Is it possible to disable the "hey du you want to register an account for my bitdefender ..."

I ve activated my licence and i dont want an MYBitdefender Account.

Its like a free AV tool :(

Comments

• werby3
    edited March 2013
    Options

Hi,

There are some features you can handle (unfortunately) only from there. Also you can remote BD from there. Kindly see bellow images.

I don't know if you can avoid it.

Regards

post-24433-1364222591_thumb.jpg

post-24433-1364222989_thumb.jpg

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello hkniese,

A MyBitdefender account is required in order to use the online features of your product.

The online security dashboard (my.bitdefender.com) is an essential part of your online security, accessible anytime, anywhere, from any internet connected device. We strongly encourage you to use it to:

- protect yourself on Facebook with Safego

- remotely manage the security of your devices

- watch over your kids in the online world with Parental Control (available in Bitdefender Internet Security and Bitdefender Total Security)

- store your files safely online and access them instantly across your mobile devices with Bitdefender Safebox (available only for Bitdefender Total Security)

- track and recover control of stolen devices with Anti-Theft (for Bitdefender Total Security)

- you can also see all your devices and take advantage of promotions customized for you and retrieve the Bitdefender license key at any point should you lose it

Lastly, if you are still not interested in using the online features of the Bitdefender product, you can choose to enter any random email address and password in the box that prompts you to create a Bitdefender account. Once you do that, you will no longer receive pop-up reminders about the activation.

I am here for you if you have other questions or concerns, thank you!

• Lastly, if you are still not interested in using the online features of the Bitdefender product, you can choose to enter any random email address and password in the box that prompts you to create a Bitdefender account. Once you do that, you will no longer receive pop-up reminders about the activation.

As you can see in the attached picture, this is not true.

Having to deal with popups which close/kill any active fullscreen application, no disable option for these annoying popups/ads and the developer trying to shove his online registration/options down the (PAYING) customers throat i'm pretty sure that i'm not gonna renew my subscription. But since i have 270 payed days left i would really appreciate a working hack to disable the registration popups. Anyone?

post-173205-1386704215_thumb.jpg

• QUOTE: Lastly, if you are still not interested in using the online features of the Bitdefender product, you can choose to enter any random email address and password in the box that prompts you to create a Bitdefender account. Once you do that, you will no longer receive pop-up reminders about the activation.

This can't be a serious solution! I deactivated the ProductAgent service and I'm sure that isn't a proper solution either. It is so obvious that Bitdefender isn't interested in their customers other than getting their money and data, that it is high time to say good bye and use every rating website to correct my initial impressions.

This discussion has been closed.