Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Annoying Button In Chrome

Options

How do I deactivate that annoying button in Chrome I got since a new updates? I dont want this bar on top of every site... Who did allow this into stable release?? I cant find any addon or plugin, so how does it be even there in Chrome??

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hello :)

Do you mean this tab on top of the web pages (FF shown in this image):

bdtoolbar.jpg

If so, that can be disabled from Settings/Privacy Control/and turn off the Show Bitdefender Toolbar option, restart Chrome. If this is not what you are talking about, please post an image so we can see to help.

:)

Scott

• knuddelz
    edited April 2013
    Options

Hello, yes that was what I meant. But I dont have any option to dont let it show. I also dont want to disable the scanning, just not having the button to be there on every page. Heres what mine looks like. Shouldnt it be the first option? It seems to be bugged.... if i turn it on and back off again, it's gone for a while in Chrome, but it just comes back out of nowhere again, and again, and again.

post-128138-1365825308_thumb.png

• columbo
    columbo
    edited April 2013
    Options

Hello :)

Turing off the Toolbar, as your image shows, will not disable the Antiphishing protection, which would need to be done from the Privacy panel on the main UI (also in the settings) So you are still protected with the toolbar off.

It should stay off, maybe try using IE, or install and run FF, and see if it stays off (after you confirm it is on) in those browsers. This way you'll know if it's a Chrome issue, and maybe need to totally uninstall and re-install it. If it happens with one of those browsers, try running a Bitdefender repair, and see if that helps: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35489

Bitdefender does not install an add on into the browsers to be able to disable the toolbar from there, it has to be done through Bitdefender settings.

Let us know your results.

Scott

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello knuddelz,

Please post back with your results and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Have a lovely week!