Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Newbie Here With Some Issues

Options

I have searched the forum w/out any luck. I have a PC running Windows 7 that I need to scan. When the PC boot_s from CD it does not find my drive.

I've read about the term as root from desktop - I only see term w/out root. If I run FDISK from cmd line it tells me bash: fisk: command not found. Now I'm guessing that I'm close here :) knowing that TestDisk finds the HDD.

TestDisk 6.11.3 finds the drive as:

Disk /dev/sda

I also see it listed under file manager/Thunar 1.0.1 with a 'gear' icon w/a greyed out X.

This all started when I picked up the startup repair boot loop virus.

Any help/direction would be appreciated immensely.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

Are you talking about Rescue CD? If yes, then check the HDD partition layout and volume type from the Windows disk management....I think Rescue CD is not detecting other than Simple Volume.

• cuebin
    Options

Yes. This is the Rescue CD. Thanks for the reply. However - the only option on the desktop are:

Bitdefender scanner, Docs, File Recovery, LocalDisk-0, Scan Logs, System Reserved. I don't see the windows disk management you speak of.

Thanks again!!!

Are you talking about Rescue CD? If yes, then check the HDD partition layout and volume type from the Windows disk management....I think Rescue CD is not detecting other than Simple Volume.
  • coolcool1227
    Options
    Yes. This is the Rescue CD. Thanks for the reply. However - the only option on the desktop are:

Bitdefender scanner, Docs, File Recovery, LocalDisk-0, Scan Logs, System Reserved. I don't see the windows disk management you speak of.

Thanks again!!!

You can access Disk Management by booting your system in Normal Mode first and verify what I said in my previous post.

• cuebin
    Options

I can not boot in 'normal' mode - hence the need to use this software. I have the startup repair boot loop virus. I am booting from the rescue CD.

TestDisk 6.11.3 finds the drive as:

Disk /dev/sda

I also see it listed under file manager/Thunar 1.0.1 with a 'gear' icon w/a greyed out X.

You can access Disk Management by booting your system in Normal Mode first and verify what I said in my previous post.
  • coolcool1227
    Options

Oops....try some different version of Rescue CD from here

http://download.bitdefender.com/rescue_cd/

Otherwise wait for the response from Technical Support.

• cuebin
    Options

downloading v2.0.0_5_10_2010 as I type. will follow up if this works.

Oops....try some different version of Rescue CD from here

http://download.bitdefender.com/rescue_cd/

Otherwise wait for the response from Technical Support.

• cuebin
    Options

same issue.

downloading v2.0.0_5_10_2010 as I type. will follow up if this works.