Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Security Widget

Options

I'm using Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013

I'm new to Bitdefender, and I've noticed that periodically, the "Security Widget" will go from the solid GREEN check mark with the surrounding GREEN divided circle.....to a "light blue/aqua colored pair of arrows following one another around in a circular motion.

Does this mean that it is "updating" something, like a component or definitions or a module, etc.?

And if so, where can I go to see exactly WHAT was just updated or why the green checkmark turned in to the light blue arrows?

Thanks

Comments

• Bueller? ......Bueller? ......Bueller?

Anyone?

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm using Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013

I'm new to Bitdefender, and I've noticed that periodically, the "Security Widget" will go from the solid GREEN check mark with the surrounding GREEN divided circle.....to a "light blue/aqua colored pair of arrows following one another around in a circular motion.

Does this mean that it is "updating" something, like a component or definitions or a module, etc.?

And if so, where can I go to see exactly WHAT was just updated or why the green checkmark turned in to the light blue arrows?

Thanks

Hi...Yes that's right, when you see the spinning arrows, BD is checking for updates and if it finds some it will take whatever action you have set for it. From the main interface...Settings->Update->Update processing rules. ....To see exactly what updates were downloaded...From the main interface...Events->Update->Click on the update->Click on Show Log

• Hi...Yes that's right, when you see the spinning arrows, BD is checking for updates and if it finds some it will take whatever action you have set for it. From the main interface...Settings->Update->Update processing rules. ....To see exactly what updates were downloaded...From the main interface...Events->Update->Click on the update->Click on Show Log

Thanks for that info, ozziebear

What I highlighted in bold above best answers this question for me.....because I've seen the spinning arrows at times, but when I checked the log immediately afterward, there was NOTHING!

I guess I had just assumed that the spinning arrows meant that it WAS updating...not that it was simply "CHECKING FOR" updates.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for that info, ozziebear

What I highlighted in bold above best answers this question for me.....because I've seen the spinning arrows at times, but when I checked the log immediately afterward, there was NOTHING!

I guess I had just assumed that the spinning arrows meant that it WAS updating...not that it was simply "CHECKING FOR" updates.

yw..thanks for posting back