Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Quarantined Txt Files ?

Options

Last night at approx 9:15pm when PC was "woken up" before "shut down" Bitdefender warned of two viruses,

but alert evaporated from screen before I could click on "click here" on alert.

Setting:= Quarantine

Two TXT files listed on Antivirus Settings > Quarantine (window list)

B9B8UB0M.txt

YKJ81X3X.txt

... BUT when I opened "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low" folder

neither of these alleged files are listed BUT there are 35 TXT file and one empty DAT file listed.

How can an empty DAT file be a threat ?

I have all TXT files exempted -- so why are all these TXT files quarantined ?

When I checked each TXT file with "Bitdefender" they are not a threat.

Creation dates of "quarantined" TXT files are not sequential, ie web is accessed every day, but dates of TXT files are 22 Mar (x1), 25 Mar (x4), 26 Mar (x3), 10 Apr (x3), 25 Apr (x25)

(Of the files opened the contents are URLs. No OS crashes nor browser crashes on this PC, to date)

I have already had one experience of a program "Read Me.txt" file being deleted after 2 months of using the associated program but never opening the "Read Me.txt". (Occurred when my "Actions" setting was "Deny Access" early in my relationship with Bitdefender -- since Feb-2013, setting is "Quarantine")

Quarantining of TXT file PLUS contradictory behaviour of Bitdefender (this morning) has me concerned that some of my 2000 plus TXT files (containing code snippets) will disappear.

Am I misunderstanding something, or is there a bug ? :blink:

Thank you

Comments

• grayghost2
    edited May 2013
    Options

Just found "Exclusions In Bitdefender 2013".

My ... Firewall Settings > Firewall Rules > Application Rules:-

Notepad.exe is not listed

Could this be part of my problem with quarantined TXT files ?

(I also have Metapad.exe, an alternative notepad-app)

Should I add Notepad.exe and Metapad.exe to Firewall application rules ?

Seeing how I have TXT files "excluded" ?