Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Question Regarding Quarantine Options

Options

I'm currently using Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013.

I am under the impression that if you open the Bitdefender interface and go to Antivirus Settings > Shield > Modify > Actions and select "Move Files to Quarantine" that it will become the default action for not only real-time scanning/protection, but for ALL types of scanning (i.e. - on-demand, scheduled, etc.)

BUT....I'm not totally sure about that. Can someone please offer some clarification?

Thanks

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options
    I'm currently using Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013.

I am under the impression that if you open the Bitdefender interface and go to Antivirus Settings > Shield > Modify > Actions and select "Move Files to Quarantine" that it will become the default action for not only real-time scanning/protection, but for ALL types of scanning (i.e. - on-demand, scheduled, etc.)

BUT....I'm not totally sure about that. Can someone please offer some clarification?

Thanks

Kindly be aware some points

1) There is no Schedule Scan option, its alternative is AutoScan

2) There is no settings available for all Scan Types (Full, Quick etc) unfortunately.

3) But you can create Custom Scan Task.

4) On-Access Settings only affect Real Time Protection and not any of the Scan Tasks.

• Kindly be aware some points

1) There is no Schedule Scan option, its alternative is AutoScan

2) There is no settings available for all Scan Types (Full, Quick etc) unfortunately.

3) But you can create Custom Scan Task.

4) On-Access Settings only affect Real Time Protection and not any of the Scan Tasks.

Hi ONT,

Per your advice in another thread, I have scheduled a weekly scan using Windows Task Scheduler :

There is no option to perform Schedule Scan or Update in new versions, however you can start the Scan using Windows Task Scheduler, the procedure is mentioned here

Procedure: How To Do Bitdefender Schedule Scan Using Windows Schedule Tasks

There is also a "right click scan" option that I use on occasion in addition to the weekly (or on-demand) scans. So there are times when a scan "other than" the auto-scan option is used....and that is what I am referring to in my question.

So basically, the above options that I referred to regarding "moving files to quarantine" IS the action for the real-time shield. But where can I access how the "SCAN" should handle any "threats"?

For example, the weekly scan HAS detected cookies that it has "cleaned".....but where can I access the settings to change that or see what options are available IF something is detected during a right-click or weekly scan?

• coolcool1227
    Options

The On-Access settings does not affect the On-Demand Scans (Contextual Scan, Custom Scan, Full Scan Quick Scan, Device Detection Scan etc)

And from Manual

"On-demand scanning - allows detecting and removing the malware that already resides in the system. This is the classic scan initiated by the user - you choose what drive, folder or file Bitdefender should scan, and Bitdefender scans it - on-demand.

With Autoscan turned on, there is hardly any need to manually run scans for malware. Autoscan will scan your computer over and over again, taking appropriate actions when malware is detected. Autoscan runs only when enough system resources are available so as not to slow down the computer."

And be kindly informed that Bitdefender takes proper actions for all On-Demand Scan Tasks and the user can't change the settings of On-Demand Scans (Contextual Scan, AutoScan, Full Scan Quick Scan, Device Detection Scan etc), what a great feature and comfort, isn't it? ;):rolleyes:

• And be kindly informed that Bitdefender takes proper actions for all On-Demand Scan Tasks and the user can't change the settings of On-Demand Scans (Contextual Scan, AutoScan, Full Scan Quick Scan, Device Detection Scan etc), what a great feature and comfort, isn't it? ;):rolleyes:

Hmmm.....well, I guess if I didn't trust Bitdefender or I wouldn't be using it......but their cavalier attitude of "we know what's best, YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW (or have any input)" is a little concerning. So I agree, your use of :rolleyes: is absolutely appropriate here (LOL)