Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safepay Webmail Promotion Pops Up Every 5 Minutes

Options

I bought the Total Security 2013 three days ago. I am very dissatisfied with the Bitdefender "Safepay Webmail Promotion" which pops up about every 5 minutes or so and cuts me off from what I was typing or searching on the internet or doing anything with my computer. It keeps promoting the same thing - Follow XFINITY On Twitter and The XFINITY Connect App. I cannot see a way to stop this. I have to X it closed then double click on the Black Screen that is left on my monitor to get back to where I was typing or looking at email, running my backup problem, etc. While typing this form it popped up twice. This is a real pain in the A$$. Here is the URL that comes with it: http://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/h/overviewAds Please help or I want my money back. Thanks.....edz

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=11714" data-fileid="11714" rel="">Bitdefender_Safepay_Problem.pdf

Comments

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    I bought the Total Security 2013 three days ago. I am very dissatisfied with the Bitdefender "Safepay Webmail Promotion" which pops up about every 5 minutes or so and cuts me off from what I was typing or searching on the internet or doing anything with my computer. It keeps promoting the same thing - Follow XFINITY On Twitter and The XFINITY Connect App. I cannot see a way to stop this. I have to X it closed then double click on the Black Screen that is left on my monitor to get back to where I was typing or looking at email, running my backup problem, etc. While typing this form it popped up twice. This is a real pain in the A$$. Here is the URL that comes with it: http://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/h/overviewAds Please help or I want my money back. Thanks.....edz

The issue has been noted and currently under analysis.

As a workaround, when the alert is popping, you can click on No (and on Remember checkbox) to not display for the domain again.

Just to make sure I got this right, can you print screen the window popping onto your desktop and paste the picture here?

Regards,

Cristian Amarie

• Hello I just completed my registration here and I am here to take part in events and discussions regarding video production, webcast, etc so that we may start our discussion.

<a href=''http://www.icecube.no/streaming''>streaming,Videostreaming </a>

• edz
    Options
    The issue has been noted and currently under analysis.

As a workaround, when the alert is popping, you can click on No (and on Remember checkbox) to not display for the domain again.

Just to make sure I got this right, can you print screen the window popping onto your desktop and paste the picture here?

Regards,

Cristian Amarie

Cristian,

I do not have the option No (and on Remember checkbox). The screen will not let me capture a print screen so I used my camera and took four pictures for you to see. When you look at picture 03_3790, you will see the setting is "Automatically open". I changed it to the bottom option "Do not use Safepay"

At least now, I do not get that 5 minute pop up. I guess the Safepay feature is now useless. Let me know if I am doing something wrong. post-146086-1370326762_thumb.jpg post-146086-1370326773_thumb.jpg post-146086-1370326780_thumb.jpg post-146086-1370326934_thumb.jpg

• camarie
    Options
    Cristian,

I do not have the option No (and on Remember checkbox). The screen will not let me capture a print screen so I used my camera and took four pictures for you to see. When you look at picture 03_3790, you will see the setting is "Automatically open". I changed it to the bottom option "Do not use Safepay"

At least now, I do not get that 5 minute pop up. I guess the Safepay feature is now useless. Let me know if I am doing something wrong. post-146086-1370326762_thumb.jpg post-146086-1370326773_thumb.jpg post-146086-1370326780_thumb.jpg post-146086-1370326934_thumb.jpg

I thought this one might be. Well, in this case, it should be enough to go in Safepay Settings tab, and for the domain you have trouble with (web.mail.comcast.net) select the option "Do not use secure browser":

2q81ut5.png

For the options Yes/No and Remember checkbox, I was thinking that you clicked on the alert that appeared when Bitdefender prompts you to open (or not) a website in Safepay.

As for "Do not use Safepay" option, it does not render Safepay useless - you can still open it manually and navigate to the website of choice (either typing directly the URL as in any other browser, or having websites saved in Favorites and clicking from there). It just means that the automatic behavior won't be used - simply speaking, when Bitdefender detects that, say, you open a banking URL in Internet Explorer, it offers to open the same URL in Safepay (that is done by detecting in our cloud database if a website is bank or not).

For any other details, do not hesitate to contact us in forum !

Regards,

Cristian

• camarie
    Options

The colleagues from cloud scanning notified me that the domain is not anymore detected as a bank.

Combined with what I have recommended you in the previous message, does this solve your issue?

Cristian