Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Perform Manual Updates In Rescue Mode

Options

Is there any way to perform Manual Updates in Rescue Mode? I tried a way but it was not successful.

Comments

• Rampant
    Options

When loading graphic shell automatically imported signature anti-virus database, then check for updates via the Internet, then start the scanner.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    When loading graphic shell automatically imported signature anti-virus database, then check for updates via the Internet, then start the scanner.

Hi Valery

You video is not available. I will share the method after seeing your video.

• Rampant
    Options

Hi Omer, video is available, or I did not understand you.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Hi Omer, video is available, or I did not understand you.

Actually youtube is blocked in our country and I have to use hot-spot shield software. If possible kindly upload on some other server.

• Rampant
    Options

And on what basis is blocked? very strange, here's the link.

https://mega.co.nz/#!mI4T0JiY!LmoV_...BjhESswLx9hwyPs

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi Valery

I don't want to mention the reasons for whiah youtube is blocked here in our country, because it is off-topic. However many thanks for your video, although it is in Russian, but it seems to be showing Updates from the update button manually. But I am talking about updating manually from the weekly.exe or cumulative.zip etc files.

Now I am sharing what I tried to perform manual update.

Procedure to perform Manual Updates in Rescue Mode:

"When I cancel or stop the normal update in Rescue Mode or when I have wireless connection instead of Ethernet connection, there appear an option for Manual Updates, but it asks for "cumulative.zip" folder. I download the file "pluginsx86.exe", as the Manual Updates (cumulative.zip, weekly.exe, pluginsx86.exe) contains only signatures updates and not the product updates, so I extract "pluginsx86.exe" with compression software, it creates the folder named "pluginsx86" which contains signatures like in "cumulative.zip". Then I renamed that extracted ""pluginsx86" folder to "cumulative" and make ZIP archive of that "cumulative" folder. Now I have archive named "cumulative.zip". I reboot the system in to Rescue Mode and try to Manually Upadate from the newly created "cumulative.zip" file, but it failed resulting in error."

So I want to what could be the problem here? Any idea?